OMG START HOARDING BOURBON NOW!!!!

Good thing I don't drink bourbon, I guess.

I'm not so sure that HALF of a cask of bourbon is supposed to evaporate as it ages (the Angel's Share).

I knew a small part did, but HALF?!?!?!

Must be some thirsty angels.

drunk-weeping-angel.jpg

I'm not so sure that HALF of a cask of bourbon is supposed to evaporate as it ages (the Angel's Share).

I've read it is a loss of 2-5% a year before (in a hot and humid climate). Not sure how true that is, but I've seen these numbers tossed around.

As the prices for premium bourbons and single malt scotch increase, folks will move on to the next "big thing." At some point, if scotches and bourbons cost upwards of $100 per bottle (as this article seems to imply could happen in the future), then I'll easily find other beverages to drink. Personally, I'd rather buy guitars with the money.

As long as we have Spec's, we'll have bourbon.
articleLarge.jpg

It is the price that concerns me.
Fucking hipsters.

Scotch has already gotten too expensive due to increased demand in Asia... now the bourbon alternative will be less attractive?

Time to fire up the still and whip up a batcha corn squeezins. :embarrassed:

It depends on a lot of variables like the weather and storage location. But IIRC its pretty common to lose half the barrel after 12 years. Ones in the top of the warehouse lose more, ones on the bottom lose less.

My buddy is trying to convince me to go to premium Tequila from scotch...but my experiences with tequila have been less than stellar
:tongue:puke:

Reactions: Tig
Yeah, I love a good tequila. Pretty sure I'm done with liquor entirely at this point, though. Relatively sure it was bourbon that set off my pancreas thing a couple weeks ago.

Reactions: Tig
Lol, blame the hipsters. Nice. A classic argument everyone can get behind because nobody thinks they are one.

For purposes of that article, if you drink whiskey and live in a city, you are a hipster.

To be fair, I don't think hipsters are really the cause. They mostly drink shitty beer, anyway.
Developing countries are starting to get a taste for it, and normal Americans are just digging it more. The marketing has gotten better, and the product is miles better than it was 30 years ago.

Back