OMG i'm in love.......

1972_datsun_240z-pic-7963001300440543537.jpeg

A buddy of mine had one of those 10 years ago...sweet ride
They don't make em' like that anymore....unfortunately

my dad had one when i was in high school (1972) and i drove it quite a bit. maybe more than he did. it was a stupid sweet car for a 16-17 y.o. to be driving around.
a friend of a friend came up to me at McD's (the hang out for the muscle cars on friday and saturday night), and he had a '66 289 mustang. he acting like he wants to run his car against someone. he looks at me and asks 'what car is yours?' and pointed at the Z and said 'the 240Z'. he goes 'never mind' and walked away.
i kinda think the 289 would have taken the Z......up to about 80 or so.....then bye bye. the adverts have always said that the top speed in a Z is 125 mph. they lied.

My ex band mate had a midnight blue one - about the same year. It was pretty cool. He bought it from a guy for $1.

Yes - $1

The guy was going through a divorce and didn't want his wife at the time to get anything from it.

Love it! (minus the cheesy bolt on fender flares)
i would be okay with the flares if they would have actually done the body work and hidden the seams.
as i recall, the stock fender lips on a 240 don't leave you very much room to get decent width tires under them. they only had 6" width rims and 185mm wide tires.

Love it.

Had a friend in high school a couple grades ahead that had one and it was pretty sweet. It was one of those father-son project cars. He slammed the hood closed one day while he was working on it and didn't realize he left the sparkplugs on top of the air cleaner...left several dimples in the hood that he was perpetually super pissed about. Sadly a couple years after he graduated, he was storming home after fighting with his GF in it and took a wet corner way too fast, found it covered in wet leaves & wound up leaving the road, into the woods; he died on impact.

Love it.

Had a friend in high school a couple grades ahead that had one and it was pretty sweet. It was one of those father-son project cars. He slammed the hood closed one day while he was working on it and didn't realize he left the sparkplugs on top of the air cleaner...left several dimples in the hood that he was perpetually super pissed about. Sadly a couple years after he graduated, he was storming home after fighting with his GF in it and took a wet corner way too fast, found it covered in wet leaves & wound up leaving the road, into the woods; he died on impact.

sad. :(

i had a high school friend who was storming home after a fight with the girlfriend, he was driving his '70 Roadrunner, 4 speed. he was power shifting it cuz he was so pissed and fortunately, blew the motor before he could get going TOO fast.

i would be okay with the flares if they would have actually done the body work and hidden the seams.
as i recall, the stock fender lips on a 240 don't leave you very much room to get decent width tires under them. they only had 6" width rims and 185mm wide tires.
Yeah, the flares are fine, but I've never liked the chunky, cheap appearance of bolt on's.

Back