OMG. Doom 4.

What's interesting is that the original Doom didn't really have a "story" but the levels were laid out in a progressive manor where you invented a story as you went along.

I'll never forget the first time those columns opened up and those CyberDemon's walked out..... my friends and I were like "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCC..........." and running around firing as fast as we could. they were scarier than the spider with the brains on them.

I don't do many shooters or games in general, but this seems like it may be cool. I have to say I picked up FarCry 3 for $20 a couple of months ago and loved it. Far better than the Call of Duty game I tried.

I've had the occassional Doom memory, like it actually happened maybe. Yeesh!
Half-Life and Marathon, too, creepiest music ever. Immersive.
Can't wait for the singularity.

Half-Life and Marathon, too, creepiest music ever. Immersive.
Can't wait for the singularity.

There was music in Half Life? All I reemember was having headphones on while trying to navigate dark hallways with the sounds of headcrabs and other creepies around the corners or in the overhead vents. :gah:

Since my son moved out (and took his PS4 and Xbox 360) I haven't touched a game. Somehow, I can't (as a 57 y.o. man) bring myself to getting one for myself...

Half-Life was the absolute best!
I love FPS--I'll give this a spin.

I don't play video games at all, but I loved the original Doom games when I was younger. I'd give this a spin.

Since my son moved out (and took his PS4 and Xbox 360) I haven't touched a game. Somehow, I can't (as a 57 y.o. man) bring myself to getting one for myself...

I'm tempted to buy a current generation console... But I'd likely only use it for Assassin's Creed and NBA. I Wish they'd make a new Fight Night. Fucking UFC ruins everything.

I gave up on gaming when it stopped being fun and became a masturbatory hardcore lifestyle in which spending weeks killing virtual people is an achievement.

The best part of the original Doom was ease of creating new levels for the end user. You could download user created Doom levels all over the web, so the game stayed interesting for a long time.

There was music in Half Life? All I reemember was having headphones on while trying to navigate dark hallways with the sounds of headcrabs and other creepies around the corners or in the overhead vents. :gah:
If there was it wasn't memorable. I was referring to Marathon's 'ambient genre' soundtrack. Scared the crap out of my kid while he sat on my lap and played. Might have been Mac-only.

Last edited:
I'm tempted to buy a current generation console... But I'd likely only use it for Assassin's Creed and NBA. I Wish they'd make a new Fight Night. Fucking UFC ruins everything.

I have high hopes for the upcoming Assassin's Creed, in Victorian London. I hope it's just not the bug filled POS that Unity was; they seem to have learned their lesson, but you never know. :(

Honestly, some of the indie games on the PS4 re better than first run titles, as far as creativity, artwork, and score.

Back