Old truck temptations

Tig

Fucktangular
Mrs. T and I are missing the hauling capability of the semi-old truck we sold to her son. She was talking about a new F-150, but a decent one starts at around $35K! That is too high for my blood, so I thought I'd start looking for something that can haul, but is fun to drive and much cheaper in CL...

Selling 1959 Ford F 100 Truck with almost all original parts and matching numbers.
Paint and complete V8 rebild are about 2 years old with 15k miles on them. This truck only has 80k original miles on it. It was rescued from a farm in central California after sitting for many years. It runs great and is super fun to drive. Just don't have time for it. Below are a list of features:

- 292 V8, completely rebuild
- 5 new tires around 200 miles on them
- rebuild drum brakes
- Three speed Manual Transmission (on column)
- All new electrical, all gauges, lights ect work great
- New upholstery (all white)
- New Seatbelts
- New Radiator
- Original AM transistor radio (not working)
- no Rust
- Underbody has just been re-primed with rust preventer
- 2 year old paint ( shines like new)
00C0C_ffEu6wfSvZb_600x450.jpg

00c0c_5WapfnbMGLY_600x450.jpg

01414_f02VwFtmrXv_600x450.jpg

00T0T_lG77lgw8H46_600x450.jpg

00g0g_jjDBLuWNbM4_600x450.jpg

Or something a little cheaper that Mark might try to steal...
1965 Chevrolet C10
00c0c_e4fMMVLHVyN_600x450.jpg

00b0b_D14Uls4qcJ_600x450.jpg

00F0F_2V7WjtxGQ3i_600x450.jpg

00A0A_kA9m16YRkgH_600x450.jpg

00r0r_7Q8t48I28Em_600x450.jpg

The 1965 is the same as my truck except that mine came from the factory with a Powerglide automatic transmission and the Custom Cab upgrade. I think its a bit more practical for modern day life than a 50s truck although the one in your post is quite nice too. Most of the 50's trucks wouldnt make it on a freeway here without beeing too slow and the cabs are considerably smaller which is a downer for a guy like me. The 1965 has a more modern sized cab.

Reactions: Tig
The 1965 is the same as my truck except that mine came from the factory with a Powerglide automatic transmission and the Custom Cab upgrade. I think its a bit more practical for modern day life than a 50s truck although the one in your post is quite nice too. Most of the 50's trucks wouldnt make it on a freeway here without beeing too slow and the cabs are considerably smaller which is a downer for a guy like me. The 1965 has a more modern sized cab.

Good advice. The '65 here looks to be more of a daily driver and plenty of bed space.
They are asking $12K, which is still too much for a 6 banger, but I don't really know the market just yet.

Good advice. The '65 here looks to be more of a daily driver and plenty of bed space.
They are asking $12K, which is still too much for a 6 banger, but I don't really know the market just yet.

Thats way too much money. I paid $3200 for mine. I'd look around but I wouldn't spend more than $5-6k on a truck that is in good condition.

How often do you need to haul stuff? Does it make sense to just rent a pickup when you need to?

How often do you need to haul stuff? Does it make sense to just rent a pickup when you need to?

You ain't from Texas, are ya' son?
cow-boy-98.gif
:grin:

I like old trucks. I'm looking for a daily driver for mostly local use that includes hauling plants, dirt, lumber, surfboards, bikes, and other stuff.

You ain't from Texas, are ya' son?
cow-boy-98.gif
:grin:

I like old trucks. I'm looking for a daily driver for mostly local use that includes hauling plants, dirt, lumber, surfboards, bikes, and other stuff.

Nope, I'm not from Texas (although I lived in Austin for 3 years.)

Those don't exactly look like trucks you'd use for hauling shit...they're pretty trucks. Not working trucks.

Thats super clean and looks pretty stock under the hood. I thought that era 6 had a different oil filter though.

51of2.jpg

Well, maybe haul occasional stuff as an excuse to get an old truck, truth be told.
Even something from the early 70's might be fun.
FL0115-202990_1.jpg

Old trucks are very cool. Three on the tree = :thu:

I'm not a fan of 3 on the tree, mainly because when I was growing up, my dad had a '78 Chevy with 3 on the tree, and the shifter linkage was always getting locked up and you'd have to pull over, pop the hood, and use a long screwdriver to pry the linkage apart to get it working again.

After a year or so of doing this, dad bought a Hurst floor shifter for it.

Back