Old Technology Jam

DdBob

Dogue in teh desert
I was going through some stuff today and I ran across these stuffs

my first cell phone from about 1998/99
IMG_0825 (1).jpg

my second stuffs from about a couple years after the first stuffs...note how much smaller the technology was...the advancements are a testament to mans ingenuity....

IMG_0826.jpg

my first iPod, perhaps 2004ish

Image-1.jpg

my 2ipod...this time an iPod touch. I remember I reffered to it as an itouch on HCGJ and some dude got totally offended and butthurt...basically informed me that there was no such thing as an itouch and that in fact IT WAS and iPod TOUCH :embarrassed: ... from around 2009, I think it was an iTouch 3rd gen. no camera of course.

IMG_0827.jpg

and unfortunately I think I lost my Qualcom flipphone and my Motorola flipphone as well as my Hywung sp? 'internet ready phone with a 1.5 inch screen....hooboy!

Post 'em if ya got 'em !!!11!

Nothing to post at the moment, but my wife and I were just talking about how difficult it is to explain rotary phones to people who are now in their 20s.

I had the same Nokia as your second one...it was my third, after a Motorola StarTac and a Kyocera...

I don’t miss my Startacs with their shit batteries and damage-prone antennae. But the old Nokia phones were great.

Nothing to post at the moment, but my wife and I were just talking about how difficult it is to explain rotary phones to people who are now in their 20s.

I used to give museum tours of a 1950s all-electric house. It was a "house of the future" model originally built by the power company. It has been lived in, donated, moved to a new site, and restored.

Little kids would lose their shit over the rotary phones. Of all the crap...automatic curtain openers, a James Bond false panel that exposed a tv, the coffee maker you could turn on from the night stand...it was the phones that really blew their little minds.

I can post pics if you want, but we have a squeaky clean 1940s gas oven/range (with built in salt and pepper shakers) that is original to our home. It works. Currently disconnected because we don't want to blow up, but...

I had, and still have one of these ($5 on eBay).

220px-Coleco_Electronic_Quarterback.jpg

I know the touchdown tune from that game ...it's in my head and will be until I cease to exist, I believe.

No thanks, OGG just brought home a new Galaxy S8

43474c2752b6a97877a79ae8e1aaf441.jpg

I have the 7...you will probably love that phone. I suppose the impact will depend a little upon what you had prior but I went from S3 to S7 and it was a huge leap.
*EDIT* I just read about your 7 misfortune. Sorry.

Back