Okay, seriously, this is one of those times I'm allowed to key someone's car, right?

So we're clear:

1. The Miata is mine.

2. I parked on the side of the building — not in front — to avoid this kind of stupid shit caused by undersized spaces.

3. The spaces are indeed designed for compacts, but there was no one on either side of me when I parked. Further, there was no shortage of spaces when I arrived or when I left.

Maybe the Jeep guy lost his girl to a professor who drives a green Miata?
animalhouse581.jpeg

animal-house-donald-sutherland.png

You don't wear jackets with patches on the elbows, do you? :grin:

I suppose you should consider yourself lucky that the jeep driver didn't put it in 4 wheel low range and park ON TOP of your miata. Anyway, it certainly is a douche move to park that close to your car. Maybe the jeep driver had a hard time parking as the jeep is pretty high up and the miata is low to the ground, thereby creating a visibility issue when guessing how close your car was to the jeep. Even in that case, the dick move comes at not fixing it after getting out of the driver's seat. My brother used to have a Honda Del Sol and that fucking car got hit ALL the time in parking lots, as people in big SUVs could't easily see it when pulling into adjacent spaces.

This is why I always park WAY out at any store, it doesn't bother me to walk a little further, and I just hate door dings

my car is older and a little beat up. when faced with a similar parking situation, I have no problem whipping my door open into the other car, and leaning on it good and hard while trying to force by body through the narrow gap. happens quite often in the parking lot where i work. usually a monster SUV or a douchebag-mobile.

A friend of mine had one of the funniest reactions ever to something like that, though it was probably a serious overreaction.

My friend had this old beat-up F150 that he drove, and while he and I were in some store, some idiot parked right next to his driver's side to the point where there was no way to get in. The passenger door on my buddy's truck was wonky so we had to go in through the driver door sometimes. Anyways my friend has kind of a bad temper and this set him off. So after we finally get the passenger door open, he slides in and says "watch this", opens the driver side door, and mule-kicks it as hard as he can into the side of the other car about five times. BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG! Left huge ass dents.

I couldn't believe it. Overreaction? Absolutely. But I didn't stop laughing for a while after that. It was shocking and hilarious!

I couldn't believe it. Overreaction? Absolutely. But I didn't stop laughing for a while after that. It was shocking and hilarious!

well, since there was no worry about beating up his vehicle, i wouldn't call that a HUGE over reaction.....in fact, i would have left a sticky note that said "learn how to park, asshole"......just so there is no misunderstanding why the dents are there.

i leave those kind of notes all the time.....but i have a nice car, so i'm not going to bang it up.....although a pocket knife makes a pretty nasty scratch on a car door :thu:

I have been in that situation before and it is aggravating, but I just let it go. I'm sure I've done jerky things before myself.

As a heads up so you don't have to find out after the cuffs get slapped on, messing with an automobile that reduces safe operation (tires, brakes, windshields, etc.) can be a costly charge, depending on the state you live in. cop0
I'd hate to see any Weiners get thrown in the grey bar hotel, no matter how much of an asshole the owner is.

Back