Okay, seriously, this is one of those times I'm allowed to key someone's car, right?

dmn23

Duller than cardboard
:facepalm:

DSC_0053.jpg

I'm not saying this has anything to do with your situation but it's an interesting story.

A long time ago, I knew some people who used to do security for a department store. They were really good at spotting shoplifters and people doing "grab and runs". A "grab and run" is when the thief grabs boxes of (for instance) shoes, runs outside, jumps in the car, and takes off before anyone can catch him or her.

Anyway, these people I knew started to recognize the people doing the grab and runs and -- this part is important -- the cars they drove.

And the people I knew suddenly had an amazing streak of luck. There was a series of incidents where the grab happened and the thief jumped into a car which had developed four flat tires while it was sitting in the parking lot. It was as if there was a vandal who had let the air out while the person was inside stealing. What are the odds?

Craziest thing I ever heard. Might not even be true. I certainly wasn't there so I couldn't say for sure.

Anyway, thanks for letting me share that story.

Last edited:
Happens to me multiple times every week. Here in Boulder the hippies thought they could get people to switch to small cars by replacing most of the parking with compact spots. So everybody drives huge crossover SUVs and work pickups and we have to park in spots meant for Civics.

Just looking at that pic raises my blood pressure.

The tag on that Jeep looks like one of those "specialty" tags, like for a fire department or something.

The douche nozzle in the Jeep intentionally parked that close. :mad:

The tag on that Jeep looks like one of those "specialty" tags, like for a fire department or something.

I'm guessing University of New Mexico tags.

I dunno. (Playing Devil's Advocate here).

Look at the car on the left. He's on the line.

A big SUV (think Hummer) may have parked next to him, and the Jeep had to squeeze in......
Big SUV (Hummer( left, and we have the above picture.

Elementary, my dear Watson.

I dunno. (Playing Devil's Advocate here).

Look at the car on the left. He's on the line.

A big SUV (think Hummer) may have parked next to him, and the Jeep had to squeeze in......
Big SUV (Hummer( left, and we have the above picture.

Elementary, my dear Watson.

Perhaps, but it is still no excuse for a total lack of consideration!
:zw:

Happens to me multiple times every week. Here in Boulder the hippies thought they could get people to switch to small cars by replacing most of the parking with compact spots. So everybody drives huge crossover SUVs and work pickups and we have to park in spots meant for Civics.

Well....it IS Boulder.... :wink:

If yours is the jeep and the little convertible is the one in question I think you should get 2 or 3 rather large buddies, pick it up, and move it somewhere. It can't weigh that much can it? :bel:

Back