OK.. YOU WIN

QUESTION!
I am now receiving the bits of my pedalboard experiment, and have a positioning question. Should my pedals go as high up as possible on the board (although this only leaves one rail supporting them, which to me would seem rife for them tilting around)..or lower so they sit on two rails? The problem there is that any pedal with feet would sit up on the rails, and the velcro attachment would be rendered useless.
Any opines would be greatly appreciated.
View attachment 14916

First thing you do when you get a new pedal is, take the rubber off.

Velcro I get and got. but the issue is if the pedal is centered on the top rail, the bottom half (the button) is off the rail, and so the pedal can tilt up when stomped. Or am I being totally OCD here?

Mr. Enabler, your package was just tossed over my compound's fence :thu:

Last edited:
Velcro I get and got. but the issue is if if the pedal is centered on the top rail, the bottom half (the button) is off the rail, and so the pedal can tilt up when stomped. Or am I being totally OCD here?

Position it so the part you stomp is supported. Pedals come in all different sizes and the only way one lines up perfectly with the rails is luck.

Ok..here's the interactive part of my journey into pedaldom. Below is my naked board with numbers signifying pedal position. I didn't realize pedals go right to left on a board ,so that changed my plan.
What would YOU put in the numbered positions?
A. TC reverb
B. Funk Filter
C. TC polytune mini
D. EHX Soul Food
1.jpg

Here's what I was thinking. If you see something that be out of place, let me know.
2.jpg

What say you?

Basically I should put everything clean first, then OD them, and then add reverb...

The ? is now a Morley optical mini volume pedal. Does that need to be moved around?

Basically I should put everything clean first, then OD them, and then add reverb...

The ? is now a Morley optical mini volume pedal. Does that need to be moved around?

If you need it to control your overall stage volume, put it last. If you're using it for swells or to control the amount of distortion, put it before the Soul Food.

So I put the pieces together tonite. Apologies for the lighting. I was too lazy to front light this.
the rig for now.jpg

IMHO, the Soul Food prefers HBs, but it loved the strat ( which only has one stock PU ). Not so much with the tele-things. But it is a work in progress.
And work I did.
blisters.jpg

Last edited:
I don't use velcro.... I use the stuff that's called "3M Industrial Fasteners" or Scotch "Extreme"

It's the stuff where both sides are the plastic hooks... no felt. So, you're getting twice as much in one package because the stuff still sticks to a felt covered pedal board.

51YxC5YOxlL._SY300_.jpg

BTW... "3 times stronger than velcro" means "you better have a fucking flat tipped screw driver to wedge between the pedal and the board when it's time to lift them off. :embarrassed:

Wasn't really happy w overall sound. It was raspy at times, which might be a product of two issues so I am thinking about two changes:
1. Much better guitar cable. The one I have constantly self unscrews the connector covers. PITA.
2. Might swap speaker in the Kustom.

I use an Emery board to remove the torn skin. Don't want the skin when it gets thick to get caught on my guitar strings.

I don't use velcro.... I use the stuff that's called "3M Industrial Fasteners" or Scotch "Extreme"

It's the stuff where both sides are the plastic hooks... no felt. So, you're getting twice as much in one package because the stuff still sticks to a felt covered pedal board.

51YxC5YOxlL._SY300_.jpg

BTW... "3 times stronger than velcro" means "you better have a fucking flat tipped screw driver to wedge between the pedal and the board when it's time to lift them off. :embarrassed:

I use Industrial Strenth Velcro from Lowes or Home Depot. Cut to size and much stronger than what comes with the pedals.

In the ongoing saga of PB... here's the latest and it is rockin'! Picture taken with an iphone that is fucked up all of a sudden.
the board.jpg

L-R Morley mini volume, TC HOF reverb, Soul Food (thanks fellow weiner) , RAT (again thanks to another fellow weiner), and TC Micro tuner.
My plan right now is this. Into RAT for OD , into SF for boost and treble adjust, into verb, and into Morley for volume swells and roll offs. Anyone see a disconnect here?
Open to all advice.

Back