OK, This is all H!IaR!'s fault...

jelloman

Couch'd Tater...
You had to send me to Alto, didn't you Howie? If you had just left me be I never would have decided to wander around...I never would have walked into the acoustic room...I never would have started talking to the guys about small bodied acoustics...

I NEVER would have come home with this...

No, not the gig bag...like what I really needed was another friggin' gig bag...

This is inside...

That's a Blueridge BR43..."000" size, spruce top, NO preamp...

I played 3 different 000's all in the 300.00 to 400.00 range...this was the first, followed by as Seagull and an Ibanez...no contest this was by far the best sounding and feeling of the three with a neck that is just the right size for me...

I never heard of Blueridge guitars before today...a little research revealed that they are part of the Saga Guitars company, made in Chine (of course), and of respectable quality...

I used to have a Sigma DM28 (my nephew has it now) but I've never been comfortable with the Dreadnaught dimensions...my Washburn is great but the sound unplugged isn't too awe-inspiring...this one sounds like an acoustic should to my ears, plays good, and is comfortable...

Somebody stop me now...please...

I knew one of the designers of Blueridge Guitars, Greg Rich, on Banjo Hangout. He was quite a character, but his inlay work is among the best. He worked for Gibson in their better days, but left because of Henry. Congrats.

Blueridge guitars are excellent.

I fell in love with one in a LGS and almost bought it (I didn't have the funds at the time, and had never heard of them before).

Nice score.

Great bang for the buck!

Honestly, I couldn't get over how well it played, even compared to much more expensive models. Sound was comparable to a higher-end acoustic, but the playability of it, right off the shelf....it just "felt right". Instantly I was doing pinch harmonics (kind of tough to do on an acoustic), and it just "flowed".................sounded great and one of the easiest playing acoustics I have ever laid my hands on.

Good for you!

Excellent choice! HNGD, David.
images

Back