OK..Not Sure If This Will Get Shut Down...

well.....i actually got the "chef" at the local Church's chicken to tell me what the secret was to their spicy chicken......it's not just the spices....it's that they "soaked" the chicken in the "spice" mix.....for 4 hours, before cooking it.

i think your problem is not necessarily the spices used, but that you are not allowing enough time for the seasoning to "leach" into the meat.

just sayin' wave0
Alternatively, I like to marinade it in pickle juice. It makes a wonderful marinade. Here is a fantastic recipe that I use sometimes. It's a copy of the chik-fil-a chicken sandwich. Warning: video contains "political" commentary.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/wedontgivea...wich-chick-fil-a-copycat-recipe-2t1y?s=mobile
Fried chicken done right requires a deep fryer. A dangerous deep fryer for home use. I have never been able to get chicken fried in a pan to work no matter how wet or dry the coating was.
I say , let the old military white guy do it for you, or maybe that guy with the enormous forearms.
I disagree. Traditional Southern fried chicken is done in a cast iron skillet and is the best I've ever had. And I eat a really unhealthy amount of fried chicken. If you're every in Nashville, I'll show you what I'm taking about.

Alternatively, I like to marinade it in pickle juice. It makes a wonderful marinade. Here is a fantastic recipe that I use sometimes. It's a copy of the chik-fil-a chicken sandwich. Warning: video contains "political" commentary.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/wedontgivea...wich-chick-fil-a-copycat-recipe-2t1y?s=mobile

I disagree. Traditional Southern fried chicken is done in a cast iron skillet and is the best I've ever had. And I eat a really unhealthy amount of fried chicken. If you're every in Nashville, I'll show you what I'm taking about.
The vid was acually very cool....Not s
Corn is a grain.

Fuck...Ya....Stupid me and I know better. The foods that Ifeed my two cats are grain free...

Reactions: OGG
Southern fried chicken is made in a black iron pan .do the dry wet dry thing with lots of spices as suggested

Deep, large iron skillet as advised. The only other thing I can contribute is to add a tablespoon of ordinary yellow mustard to your batter.

Cast iron is the way to go. Canola oil. I don't ever do spicy chicken, but a good marinade is a must for tenderness. I like a beer better for the wet stage and for the dry you've gotta use good salt and a lot of fresh black pepper. Never use cornmeal. I've also had luck doing a quick bake at oil temp in the oven for 5-7 minutes and then finishing in the oil for that extra crunch and crispness. It's especially helpful for thighs and drumsticks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LOL..As much as I love Tobasco Sauce....No No...

Not a big deal really..Just thought I'd ask and see if anybody had a sure fire remedy for fried chicken
I just got a "Cooks Illustrated" special on best chicken recipes. I will check out their recipe and get you some info.

Get a dozen eggs,a half gallon of milk and Pepper or Tobasco sauce( i dont like mine that spicy so add to taste.) Mix these very well, add the chicken then add as much Ice as you can. I cant stress enough that the mixture needs to almost chilled so pack as much in with the chicken as you can. let this sit for about 3 or four hours.

Get flour and add in Black and Red Pepper ,a little garlic and whatever other spices you like in a bowl large enough to hold all of the chicken pieces . DO NOT drain the batter mixture,but use one hand for Wet and one hand for Dry. Take the chicken piece by piece from the chilled batter and roll it in the flour. DO NOT remove any of the chicken from the flour until you are ready to cook. use your Wet hand to transfer from batter to flour,and your Dry hand to transfer from flour to skillet

As has been mentioned use a Cast Iron Skillet with Corn oil. DO NOT cook the chicken all the way done, when it is medium brown take the chicken from teh Skillet and place on paper towel to drain . The oil in the chicken will still be very hot will cook the chicken from the inside out as it is draining. If you cook the chicken all the way done it will be DRY and tasteless

Back