12 - 18 watts, 6v6
10" speaker
Gain, BMT, Raw, Master
no reverb, no tremolo
no MDF
under 30 pounds.

now tell me why it's a pipe dream.

Last edited:
If this really is what you need it makes more sense to pay a premium and get it once than to keep buying and selling amps and pedals that don’t do what you need.

Let me know when you find it. That is what I want. I can do without the gain and raw though.

Here's my plug for Trinity again, but maybe....

The Dumbles were based on a BF circuit. Trinity's OSD is a nice take.
http://www.trinityamps.com/TrinODS_Over.htm

It sounds like the controls are a bit different but you would still get what you want out of it.

There are a bunch of pro clips linked here
http://www.trinityamps.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3750

They do a combo, too.
This one has a 12" speaker, but I'm sure they could accommodate a different baffle.
Not sure of the weight, though.

image.jpeg

Buy once, cry once.

It sounds like you are describing your Allen. Maybe swap the speakers to Neo's to get it closer to your 30lb weight requirement. Or re-house it into a 1-10.

Buy once, cry once.

It sounds like you are describing your Allen. Maybe swap the speakers to Neo's to get it closer to your 30lb weight requirement. Or re-house it into a 1-10.

The Allen is very wide. You could put whatever speaker you wanted to into it, and it'd still require a 30 pound cabinet.

What I really want is a non-reverb Accomplice Jr. But David doesn't do that. So, here we are.

Fender BF based
12 - 18 watts, 6v6
10" speaker
Gain, BMT, Raw, Master
no reverb, no tremolo
no MDF
under 30 pounds.

now tell me why it's a pipe dream.

Allen Chihuahua? Basically a beefed up Champ. It's got reverb and if you want 10 or 14 watts it's EL34/6L6 or 6550. But, it's 24 lbs in a 1x10 format. Not sure how flexible they are if they build you one...

Allen Chihuahua? Basically a beefed up Champ. It's got reverb and if you want 10 or 14 watts it's EL34/6L6 or 6550. But, it's 24 lbs in a 1x10 format. Not sure how flexible they are if they build you one...

The Chihuahua combines the mids knob and the raw knob. I like their independent functionality better.

The Chihuahua combines the mids knob and the raw knob. I like their independent functionality better.

They are the exact same thing.

The traditional Fender Mid pot is 10K. The Raw control just replaces that with a 50K-250K. Allen used to use one pot on Accomplices, now he uses two in series. Whether you use one pot or two, you get an identical range of mids and "raw."

But one pot means less chassis space for a smaller, lighter amp.

Just remember, without the Reverb, lose a mixing stage. Reverb-less Princetons and Deluxes are hard to overdrive.

Last edited:
Back