Ok, I give up. The "vintage" market has jumped the shark.

Hilarious. I have an original Arion SCH-1 box at work I should put on reverb next week. It even has the bubble wrap for the pedal :embarrassed:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So you just look at the box?
Don't even look at it.
Spinal-Tap-Dont-Even-Look.jpeg

I don't have the pedal, but I believe there was a movie that made famous the line, "If you build it, they will come." Maybe if I own the box, it will draw the pedal to me. Hey weirder things have happened - not many, but weirder things. :run:

One thing I learned about wheeling and dealing pedals on ebay is that hardcore pedal guys are absolutely nutty about having the original packaging. It doesn't make any sense to me, but I started keeping boxes just because people were willing to pay a premium if I kept the pedal and all the crap that came inside the box.

One thing I learned about wheeling and dealing pedals on ebay is that hardcore pedal guys are absolutely nutty about having the original packaging. It doesn't make any sense to me, but I started keeping boxes just because people were willing to pay a premium if I kept the pedal and all the crap that came inside the box.

I keep the boxes for the same reason. I have no problem with that. I do take issue with the guys who can't deal with a pedal having velcro. They're the same ones who don't understand their used pedal, no matter how slightly used, isn't worth 90% of the new price.

I find it odd that a bag of weed will run you $50, and that is exactly what he's asking for that box.

Coincidence?
I think not.

Back