Polytuner ✔️
2 Peavey classic 30's ✔️
9 switch looper/switcher ✔️
Mute pedal ✔️

How to hook this up the way I want, clueless at the moment

There not all gonna make it
8383c5e0cd1b6f4981870b496c3b8376.jpg

But I got a guy designing a switching system for me

I would actually really love a thread on signal chain.

Thing is, I really wasn't kidding above. But I was at work, so I gave the short, short answer. Here's the longer answer.

Plug in an effect and see how you like it. Then plug in another effect before it. Do you like it before? No? Then move it after. Keep that effect in whichever spot you like. Now add another. Add and move stuff around until you've got everything where you want it. The only guideline is that it sounds good to you. Here's an example.

I always keep my tremolo last, and reverb immediately before it. I do it that way because my Allen Encore has built in reverb and tremolo and that's the order they're in. So no matter what I do, those two effects will always be last, for consistency's sake. But lots of people love their tremolo before reverb. And others put delays, flangers, leslie sims, and other effects afterwards. There's no hard and fast rule. Experiment and play what you like.

Thing is, I really wasn't kidding above. But I was at work, so I gave the short, short answer. Here's the longer answer.

Plug in an effect and see how you like it. Then plug in another effect before it. Do you like it before? No? Then move it after. Keep that effect in whichever spot you like. Now add another. Add and move stuff around until you've got everything where you want it. The only guideline is that it sounds good to you. Here's an example.

I always keep my tremolo last, and reverb immediately before it. I do it that way because my Allen Encore has built in reverb and tremolo and that's the order they're in. So no matter what I do, those two effects will always be last, for consistency's sake. But lots of people love their tremolo before reverb. And others put delays, flangers, leslie sims, and other effects afterwards. There's no hard and fast rule. Experiment and play what you like.

I said I wanted a thread on signal chain - not necessarily seeking "rules." Just ... observations. "Stuff," much like your observations about the verb and trem.

Several booteek-y pedlolz have their own FX loops. One is the Titan triple delay - you can run three delays in parallel or series, and the first delay has it's own FX loop. So, I put a phaser in that, and then run it in series to get some really odd sounds.

The Acid Fuzz Sonic Boom has a repeater on it that emulates Vox guitars from the 60's; that repeater has a loop as well. Putting a pitch shift on that repeat is .... strange to say the least.

Both of those examples are over-the-top attempts to find 'out there' sounds, using a pedal's sub-loop. I'm looking for folks' observations about general signal chain stuff.

I said I wanted a thread on signal chain - not necessarily seeking "rules." Just ... observations. "Stuff," much like your observations about the verb and trem.

Several booteek-y pedlolz have their own FX loops. One is the Titan triple delay - you can run three delays in parallel or series, and the first delay has it's own FX loop. So, I put a phaser in that, and then run it in series to get some really odd sounds.

The Acid Fuzz Sonic Boom has a repeater on it that emulates Vox guitars from the 60's; that repeater has a loop as well. Putting a pitch shift on that repeat is .... strange to say the least.

Both of those examples are over-the-top attempts to find 'out there' sounds, using a pedal's sub-loop. I'm looking for folks' observations about general signal chain stuff.

I think the answers you're looking for can be found in any "show your pedalboard" thread.

that would be in the 9 switch looper. The amp splitting really comes from the looper, the rack units, or the ABY switch.
I was trying to figure how to use the efx loops on both amps at the same time. Wandering if y cables could be the answer

Back