Oh noes... I think I've created a monster....

Our house is over 2000 square feet, there's just two of us, and we still have too much crap to fit into it. :facepalm:

I'm right at 2000 square feet, it's just me and *I* have too much crap filling it up.

One of my grandparent's houses had an intercom though and as a kid it was AWESOME. :embarrassed:

Seems line two problems with one solution. :shrug:

Sunday we cleaned the garage. I backed my truck and the suburban up on the driveway and told my wife "trash in the truck and donate in the SUburban". We filled both to the gills and you still cant park a car in the garage :markfacepalm:

This autumn I NEED to clean and organize my garage. I'll get some shelves and organize things a bit, because right now I still have some shit in there from when I moved in over a year ago. :messedup:

I would hate having an intercom, but it would beat the wife screaching that she needs something.

We have about 2300 sq feet and in our cul-d-sac of 7 houses, we are one of only two homes that can park in the garage :snooty:

I would hate having an intercom, but it would beat the wife screaching that she needs something.

We have about 2300 sq feet and in our cul-d-sac of 7 houses, we are one of only two homes that can park in the garage :snooty:

do you have a basement, too? I would kill for a basement.

do you have a basement, too? I would kill for a basement.

No basement, just a crawl space but we have an awesome cubby hole over the garage that we use for storage. Not huge but it holds a fair amount of junk, decorations, etc. Got shelves in the garage for some stuff and hangars on the walls for a bike and lawn chairs.

When we bought the house and brought my dad over to see it for the first time, he marveled at the garage and said "I bet you'll have it filled in no time and won't park in there". I make it a point to leave the garage door up everytime he comes so I can show him can see how neat it is and how much room I have to park the cars in there.

Would love to have a basement though and make that the music area. We have a niece staying with us so I lost the 3rd bedroom as a music room and now have to use the loft area with no doors.

I built shelving and workbenches for our rental that I moved here when we bought the house but I have a weight bench that never gets used, extra furniture, not one but two lawnmowers and other lawn stuff as well as a ton of other stuff. I'm gradually getting it to the point where we will be able to park at least one car in there.

What we're also forgetting is that Mark lives in the OC.... which means his house probably still costs 4 or 5 times what mine does, even if it sits on one quarter of the land.

:helper:

Edit: Yep... just looked up stats and the average cost per square foot in our area is around $70... in Mark's area it's $297. :embarrassed:

Last edited:
What we're also forgetting is that Mark lives in the OC.... which means his house probably still costs 4 or 5 times what mine does, even if it sits on one quarter of the land.

:helper:

Edit: Yep... just looked up stats and the average cost per square foot in our area is around $70... in Mark's area it's $297. :embarrassed:

Don't get me started. Watching "House Hunters" makes me very mad.

Back