Oh no

IMG_0227.JPG

So I dunno how well this is gonna work, but I guess I'll find out.

I've never had the Pitchfactor on the bottom row before. But it makes sense for routing purposes. I originally tried it in the traditional spot, in the upper right. But the cabling going back and forth was stupid. This is much easier. It can't be first now, but I'm not sure that ever actually mattered.

Signal chain is:

Tuner
Compressor
PITCHFACTOR
Skreddy
Aquavibe
Pickle Drive
PITCHFACTOR
Echorec
DE7

Everything works and there's a signal. Now I can build presets and assign them either a pre or post position in the signal chain. Hopefully, I don't get any ground loops, and won't need an isolated power supply.

Any pedal with a tap feature needs to be bottom right in my experience, btw. Definitely for those of us who sing while playing. :embarrassed:

I've only ever used it for crystals and harmonizer. This is all about routing for delay. Dunno how much the tap will play early, but let's get weird.

Hey @Mark Wein,

Can you program the ES-8 to allow for spillover in pedalboard mode? I have a bunch of delay pedals that are true bypass and the trails don't decay naturally when you turn them off. They just stop. I wonder if I put them into a loop, if the BOSS switchers will do that for me, regardless of whether I'm in bank or pedalboard mode.

Hey @Mark Wein,

Can you program the ES-8 to allow for spillover in pedalboard mode? I have a bunch of delay pedals that are true bypass and the trails don't decay naturally when you turn them off. They just stop. I wonder if I put them into a loop, if the BOSS switchers will do that for me, regardless of whether I'm in bank or pedalboard mode.
They should...you're talking about "manual" mode? there is an option for that in the editor - it's the purple box on "l7" below. I'm pretty sure its on regardless of which mode you're in. I can play with it tonight at soundcheck and make sure.

Screen Shot 2017-12-30 at 12.35.30 PM.png

I thought of something tonight. The ES-5 is not going to work because it only has one expression pedal connection. So I can either use an expression pedal, or I can use a controller for the banks, like my Digitech FS3x switch, but I can't have both. If I upgrade to the ES-8, I get the extra connections, but then I don't necessarily need them because the functionality of the FS3x is built in. But I have to buy an enormous board to accommodate it.

This is why I'm having Helix thoughts.

I thought of something tonight. The ES-5 is not going to work because it only has one expression pedal connection. So I can either use an expression pedal, or I can use a controller for the banks, like my Digitech FS3x switch, but I can't have both. If I upgrade to the ES-8, I get the extra connections, but then I don't necessarily need them because the functionality of the FS3x is built in. But I have to buy an enormous board to accommodate it.

This is why I'm having Helix thoughts.

Something to keep in mind, is you like the full blown Helix, but it is crazy expensive. The cheaper version will be cheaper for a reason. It will either be features or build quality or probably both. I guess they'll announce the new one soon enough and your gas for it may be cured without touching your wallet.

Something to keep in mind, is you like the full blown Helix, but it is crazy expensive. The cheaper version will be cheaper for a reason. It will either be features or build quality or probably both. I guess they'll announce the new one soon enough and your gas for it may be cured without touching your wallet.

It will definitely be cheaper for a reason. But it'll move the market forward too. Anything they release at a lower price will still have to compete with the BOSS MS-3 and ZOOM G5N on the low end while not cutting into their LT sales. It'll be interesting to see what's lost.

I'd also be up for a new version of the BOSS GT-100 with a better interface and a second effects loop.

Back