Oh no

I worked it out, and the appropriate sized pedalboard for the ES-5 is the Pedaltrain Novo 24. It'd be as big as my amp. That's ridiculous.

So this is still popping up as a possibility, while i continue to want it to go away. Long story short, the delay pedals I own make it too cumbersome to operate. And I'm not changing to a midi controllable delay, just to put it into a switcher.

Ima wait until either I can afford a Helix, or BOSS or DOD come out with a multi to compete with it. If I'm gonna get stuck down the programming rabbit hole, I'm going whole hog.

Howie's rig at the next Barn Storm...

file.php

So this is still popping up as a possibility, while i continue to want it to go away. Long story short, the delay pedals I own make it too cumbersome to operate. And I'm not changing to a midi controllable delay, just to put it into a switcher.

Ima wait until either I can afford a Helix, or BOSS or DOD come out with a multi to compete with it. If I'm gonna get stuck down the programming rabbit hole, I'm going whole hog.

Ever looked into the G System? It’s got everything but dirt and has 4 loops. I’ve seen a few on Reverb for under $400.

Last edited:
Do it do Echorec and self oscillation? How's the univibe?

I don't know, that's why I asked if you looked into it :tongue:

I haven't looked into it. The FB has Echorec settings so I'm sure with the editor, you can get there. You can also assign an expression pedal to any parameter, so you can self oscillate like you can with the FB. As far as the univibe, no idea. How are those things on the Helix?

I don't know, that's why I asked if you looked into it :tongue:

I haven't looked into it. The FB has Echorec settings so I'm sure with the editor, you can get there. You can also assign an expression pedal to any parameter, so you can self oscillate like you can with the FB. As far as the univibe, no idea. How are those things on the Helix?

I dunno, I haven't looked into it. :tongue:

FWIW, I'm sure there's a Roland Space Echo model. The Univibe is likely there too.

If I were going to the multi route, the G System is really the only one I would consider. I've never liked multi effects dirt and I don't want amp models. The G System has everything but dirt, 4 loops and power ports for pedals. So you can get just about anything you need from the unit and slap your dirt pedals in the loops and power them from the unit. You don't have to use 4 dirt pedals, you can always throw on something else the unit can't do or can't do to your liking. With the putting the pedals in the loops, you can use the G System to turn them on and off, and put them in patches.

Also, this is the Helix. It has either 4 loops or two stereo loops. I'm sure that will suffice. Plus, the company still makes it. That goes a long way.

helix-floor-back-lg.png

Also, this is the Helix. It has either 4 loops or two stereo loops. I'm sure that will suffice. Plus, the company still makes it. That goes a long way.

helix-floor-back-lg.png

TC still makes the G System. I know Behringer bought TC but I still trust TC over Line 6.

Reactions: OGG
I wired up a new board last night and got to thinking how yes indeed, I would like an ES-5.

img_0222-jpg.37003

The thing that got me going was scrolling through Pitchfactor algorithms and how the ES-5 would allow me to change the routing to where I wanted in the signal chain. This morning, I remembered that Eventide addressed this very thing in their last update, which I didn't do. It basically creates an effects loop for the Skreddy, Aquavibe, and Pickle Drive. Then I can select in the PF preset menu whether I want that sound pre or post.

This'll take some doing, but at least it puts off spending money for another day or so.

Back