OH MY!!!

Scott_Abene

Resident Noodge
Dumble Overdrive Special 1977 Brown Suede

axokzcnqnyzhzvi0d74n.jpg

1977 Dumble Overdrive Special 50 Watt Combo Amp.

Serial number 077.

This amp was built for Terry Haggerty in 1977 by Howard Dumble. This is an incredible sounding Dumble amp and has the supurb Dumble tone that we all love. The original EVM 12L Series 2 speaker really screams. 50 watts. Amp comes with rare original foot switch that was custom made by Dumble. Dumble inscribed the custom wood foot pedal with Terry Haggerty's name. Amp includes original road case with Terry Haggerty stencil!

This amp has been updated by HAD on several occasions, with the date inscribed into the chasis by Dumble at each update. There are 3 different dates within the amp. Written in hand on the formica is 'Dumble 1978" and another date from 1980. Inscribed in the metal chassis is 'Checked by HD 4-20-82.' Howard also added an additional control knob of the back of the amp during this time. All modifications had been performed by Dumble himself. This amp has some rare features not seen on very many Dumble ODS.

The FET input was not working correctly when we purchased this amp. Amp was recently opened up and serviced by an amp tech here in Chicago that is well versed in Dumble amps, and the FET input was a quick fix. The FET input works perfectly now.

Amp came from the estate of of Kim "Kimbo" Davis of Point Blank. Funny, the photo that reverb.com has for their dumble amp "price guide" is actually this amp.

Product Specs
Condition:
Very good
Make:
Dumble
Model:
Overdrive Special
Finish:
Brown Suede
Categories:
Guitar Combos, Boutique Amps
Year:
Made In:
United States
https://reverb.com/item/262246-dumble-overdrive-special-1977-brown-suede

I’m amazed he’s only asking $65,000 as a buy-it-now. I’d list it as an auction with a starting bid of $65,000 and let it run for a month.

As for buying it, shit, I’d just buy a Tech 21 Power Engine and an Ethos Overdrive. Same sound for $64,000 or so less.

I’m amazed he’s only asking $65,000 as a buy-it-now. I’d list it as an auction with a starting bid of $65,000 and let it run for a month.

As for buying it, shit, I’d just buy a Tech 21 Power Engine and an Ethos Overdrive. Same sound for $64,000 or so less.

The Dumble Rigs on my Fractal Axe FXII are pretty righteous

Reactions: Tig

I remember the video, where Henry Kayser, and Alexander Dumble mentioned that mumbo jumbo! I'll pass. I've never cared for the sound of Dumbles. They remind me of my old '65 Fender Showman head with a mild overdrive pre-amp - tame sounding to say the least! Throw in their ridiculous prices, and I'm outta here, when it comes to those yuppie rock tones amps.

F.Y.I. - despite the fact that people comment that SRV was a Dumble user, I saw the man play live twice, and I don't recall seeing a Dumble onstage either time.

Last edited:
Back