Oh for...

GilmourD

Eater of Worlds
Staff member
... fuck's sake...

So, bad enough that we have the CEO visiting our stores in NJ during the holiday week, so we still have to work a 40 hour week instead of getting an extra day off for the holiday...

But now my assistant's in the hospital because he hurt his back. It sucks, and I'm not blaming him in any way, shape, or form, but...

Every fucking holiday that I'm supposed to be off I end up being forced to work because somebody's out sick. EVERY FUCKING TIME.

The schedule for next week is fucked. It looks like I put it in a blender and set it to puree. AND instead of getting off Sunday and Monday like I was supposed to I'm working straight through to next Thursday.

Fuck...

:(

My boss just told me to take the rest of the day off, put my time as "admin-internal" and go get drunk and enjoy my weekend.

I shit you not.

(By putting in my time as "admin-time", I don't use any of my accrued personal/vacation time.....)

:)

Yeah, the wife's pissed off because I've been originally scheduled off for Memorial Day every year since I've been with this company and yet ended up working it.

Day off mojo. I leave and noon today and stay away until Tuesday. I don't have anything planned and the weather is supposed to be rainy all weekend. But at least I won't be here.

The problem with the company @GilmourD and I work for; they are content in operating on a skeleton schedule which leaves no room for unscheduled sickness, accidents, etc.

Bummer. I am so glad I don't work where they are open on holidays anymore. I like to keep my time off.

Bummer. I am so glad I don't work where they are open on holidays anymore. I like to keep my time off.
We're open Easter Sunday. I could shut off the lights and fall asleep and nobody would notice.

We did 8 rentals as a district; we have 12 stores in PA & NJ. It's a joke considering our Louisiana store closes for Mardi Gras or some crap.

Back