Oh $#&%!!!.... a.k.a. making Lemonade from Lemons

baimun

Funkasaurus Rex
So... I'm doing some fairly aggressive mods on this Orange PRS....

sas24.jpg

The body is from a CE Mahogany model, the neck is flame maple from a Swamp Ash Special. I've reshaped the neck to make it a little more strat like.

This guitar has had just a single humbucker and single volume in it for the past couple years.... but I need something with a little more versatility to gig with it.

These brushed nickle DGT humbuckers landed in my lap...
dgt.jpg

... but while I was mounting the humbuckers in bezels, one slipped out of my hand and put a ding in the face of the upper horn :messedup: :gah:

BUT....

I was already planning on putting Piezo saddles in the guitar, so the three knobs would be master volume, that spin-a-split knob I mentioned the other day, and a Piezo volume. I was planning on drilling a hole for a blade or a three way toggle....

... so now I'm thinking of putting the three way toggle just above the neck pickup on the upper horn.

Thoughts?

you don't think that would get in your way? not saying it would, but it would be a concern for me.

The toggle isn't a tall LP style... it's a low, firm, chrome topped toggle.... like they use on the EBMM guitars.

Holy crap, I never noticed that's exactly how the 3 ways are on this guitar!
4403d1201141720-john-petrucci-6-colors-recomendation-lavapearl3.jpg

I think it will work out perfectly... All my funk picking is done right over the neck pickup, and I'll just bring my hand up a little higher and more forward to switch.

Definitely a Baimun custom mutt. :helper:

Back