Official MWGL Pedal G.A.S. Thread

baimun

Funkasaurus Rex
We all do it... staring at the shiny new baubles that we MUST HAVE.

Let's see them!!!!

Here's what I'm GASsing for right now.

Wampler Pinnacle Deluxe v2
pinnacle_deluxe_v2_right.jpg

I already have a Pinnacle Deluxe... but Brian changed the circuitry so it has soft switches instead of clickers, a switchable sag so you can have the extra compression or not, three band EQ instead of just a tone knob, then he took what used to be the gain boost switch and made it a toggle....

... and he answered something I asked him to do, the variable boost is INDEPENDENT. Basically he freed up the space where I used to have the solo boost after the Pinnacle. :baimun:

and

The Tech21 Cali Fly Rig5
flyrig_cali_lg.jpg

I already have the Kotzen RK5 Flyrig... and had looked at some fancy modelling options (the Fractal AX8) but for 1/6th of the cost, I can have two Flyrigs for two different clean channels, a myriad of distortion combinations, and I can set one of the Tap tempo delays to be a longer delay + repeats and the other to have drift (modulation) and short repeats for chorus/doubling. With both stacked, things will get crazy. :grin:

W3-580X722-01.jpg

* XVIVE Audio proprietary chip design (3005XVIVE BBD).
* Delay time control.
* Up to 600 msec of delay time
* Buffered bypass with a 900K input impedance
* Wide bandwidth
* Feedback control
* Input drive gain control
* Bypass and effect-on signal levels act in tandem
* Adjustable Blend control
* Complex Rich Modulation
* Adjustable modulation speed and depth
* High-tech filtering and noise reduction circuitry
* True stereo outputs

The only thing I don't like about the Strymon line is the price. But damn good products.

I used to feel that way too but there really is no substitute for good gear. Sometimes you get lucky and find something inexpensive which is why I like to shop used. Bottom line is that you get what you pay for and until you try them, price tag will always be what you think of first.

If I had the money I'd replace my Strymon Brigadier Delay with a Timeline and probably also get an Eventide H9. I spent my budget already though.

I'd rather have the programmable presets. Only having the ability to have a slapback and a general ambient delay that I have to switch with a separate button is kind of a drag when I need more specific sounds.

Ahh!!!

Makes sense. I don't use a lot of delay so it isn't a big deal to me. With your cover gig, you do have to cover a lot of ground.

I used to feel that way too but there really is no substitute for good gear. Sometimes you get lucky and find something inexpensive which is why I like to shop used. Bottom line is that you get what you pay for and until you try them, price tag will always be what you think of first.
Yeah, I agree. I'm just being cheap.

Back