Office and cubicle type workers here....

How often do you eat lunch at your desk?

• Almost every day.

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • About half the time.

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Occasionally.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Very rarely.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Lunch? Who has time for lunch?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
We are just too busy and short staffed for anyone to leave so I normally eat at my desk between phone calls. At least my cubicle has a window.

I bring lunch, eat in the caf and then take a drive out to the park and hang for 30 min or so.

Pretty much every day. :shrug:

I just tend to ignore the calls while I'm eating lunch, unless it's someone I don't mind or if I know it's something urgent.

I do get outside a few times a though for cigarettes. :embarrassed:

Until I started working here, I didnt even take a break for lunch. I just kept working, only with food. I could never afford to eat out much and my old job was not in the best of areas so it was best just to stay put.

I'm always eating lunch at my desk but I might change that....I've got a couple co-workers who consistently fail to recognize that I'm on lunch when I have a sandwich in my hand. ...or is it fail to care that I'm on lunch?

Very rarely - maybe once/month if I have a conference call, or a deadline or something.

4/5 days per week I go home for lunch. I live 5-10 minutes from the office depending on traffic, so I zip home, make a sandwich or whatever, watch some TV. Some days I even get a little 10 minute nap in. It's the best. Being close to my office was a big selling point for me when I was shopping for a house.

Once/week I go out for lunch with coworkers.

I eat my lunch at my desk probably 95% of the time.

Pretty much unless Mrs. P is in town and we go to lunch together, I eat at my desk.

That doesn't mean I don't get away from my desk at some point during the day though. I'd just rather save my actual lunch hour for important stuff...like hitting up the local music stores and pawn shops. :embarrassed:

I only get a half hour for lunch and we're in one of the not-so-nice neighborhoods, so even if I go get food I'll bring it back to my desk. It sucks, but even if I had an hour I'd probably just nap in my car. . .

I work outside.

SearsTowerLowRes.jpg

Typically 4 days/week. I work out in my company's exercise room (we have treadmills, ellipticals, bicycles, and a weight machine), and by the time I get done exercising (typically after a half hour), I don't have time to go out. So I nuke something up in one of the microwaves that's in the pantry next to the lunchroom, eat it in my office (surfing the net while doing so), and get back to work. Fridays I typically go for a short walk outside, and grab something at the drive through of one of the fast food places near where I work. Ditto, for grabbing a quick bite at a fast food joint's drive through, if I need to run errands at lunchtime, during the rest of the work week.

Last edited:
Back