Of Fender Vaporizer (INAD)

Reminds me of a true story: back in '87, my wife got croup -- lost her voice, the whole bit. The doc had her sleep with a vaporizer (NOT Fender...) in the room. My son (three at the time) kept telling people how "mommy sleeps with a viporator (sic)." I'm sure THAT raised an eyebrow or two

:embarrassed:hmy:

tl;dr salient points are bolded

the red color is not as obnoxious in real life. Also it doesnt look as upside down isosclese trapezoidal,
just looks like a normal rectangle amp. (it doesnt look like a 3 monkeys amp, well it kind of does)
its bigger than pics suggest, about the size of a twin reverb! But half the weight. about 30 lbs
or a little heavier than a tweed deluxe which is great considering it has 2 speakers.

make no mistake this amp is AWESOME!!!

the cleans are amazing , fat, punchy (but not ice picky)
very similar to tweed fender cleans but with reverb
there is really no headroom as the lowest vol setting to get the full amp sound is
like 9 o'clock or 4-5, and by then there is already considerable break-up and sustain.
from 4-9 or so you get this fat clean-dirty sound thats swampy, and reverberry (yes, reverb berries)
Picture Link Wray meet Dave Davies, or chuck berry meets Keef
and when cranked you get full-on tweed deluxe drive
but not as hairy or nondescript. The drive is focused and less ratty sounding than a tweed amp
I think its more brownface era drive than anything.
think tweed deluxe meets deluxe reverb meets voxac15

and then there is the vaporizer switch.
Its pretty cool. basically it just bypasses everything
and is all power full on balls
because it dumps vol and tone pots its rather harsh around the edges
but just needs taming with a tone knob and volume knob (of the guitar since these are out of circuit on the amp when engaged)
it sounds very marshally. I can get a good beano tone with it with my tone rolled way back
in the bridge position of a broadcaster (overwound tele)
it sucks in that there is no master so if youre playing cleanly on 4 you step on the vape you are on
full tilt (lol)
Its best used while alreadry cranked and for a boost on a solo I guess, it gives a few dbs boost
when used this way (I think, or maybe just bypassing the pots makes it sound louder? its like an esquier in that way me thinks)
But this amp doesnt need the vape. It has enough drive without it.
Same amount of drive as a 5E3, maybe a tad less.

Bottom line this amp kicks ass. Its the best sounding amp Ive ever owned.
it pisses all over my tweed deluxe (and I love that amp)
and destroys my twin reverb.

Its just more versatile tha n either of those. With my twin i get the amazing cleans but need a pedal for dirt, with
my tweed deluxe I get amazing drive but i need a delay pedal

The Vap has the cleans, good if not subtle 'verb amazing drive, and tight bass that make it very versatile.
I play country, classic rock (stones), rock (ac/dc) new country (kasey musgraves), blues, and garage rock and it does it all!

this amp shits on a BluesJr

Only flaws its not that loud. Its as loud as a tweed deluxe, but somehow sounds less loud.
I have a feeling better speakers could help remedy this. And good power tubes.
it could keep up with a good drummer who didnt think dynamics was a boring book
by lron hubbar. actually id use the vaporizer as punishment if the drummer gets
anxious.
and the reverb doestn have an independent volume. You turn the reverb up and it gets louder but the volume on the amp buries the verb after 5.
Its still there and sounds great you just can adjust it. its weird in that the verb is other all on or off and the knob acts as the variable.
on most Fenders the reverb depth can be conrolled (I believe because its tube driven)
this is only a problem if you play surf music. which I do and it is a problem lol.

Its like a 2x10 tweed deluxe with reverb. Thats how I think of it anyway, lol

really great amp thats imexpensive, loud enough, but not too loud for home,
and sounds really good. as good as amps that cost twice as much.

Last edited:
Back