October Songwriting Reveal!

Peen Simmons

Let’s Get Obtuse!
Only one this month. Captain Blanchard hopes that “Someday” we’ll all join him...in writing a song.

I was surprised that I had something to send. Between working on the Christmas CD, working on the Blundercover song, and working two jobs I figured nothing would happen. Then I came across the lyrics on my computer, went into the studio and wrote the tune on the fly. This is a rough mix; a @sonik mix will be available eventually.

This is very sturdy song, GB. Classic vibes. It’s a well constructed reconfiguring of existing tropes and melodic elements into something familiar and new.

This is very sturdy song, GB. Classic vibes. It’s a well constructed reconfiguring of existing tropes and melodic elements into something familiar and new.
Thanks. I could hear echoes of Dylan's Knocking on Heaven's Door, Neil Young's Helpless, and almost anything by The Band, yet it is also uniquely me.

You are definitely going to need a harmonica with a neck holder! Vocals are sounding very nice...not that I doubt your abilities, but I wonder if Sonic has some hand in that, but very nice...like the little lyrical organ at the end...all and all a solid song

You are definitely going to need a harmonica with a neck holder! Vocals are sounding very nice...not that I doubt your abilities, but I wonder if Sonic has some hand in that, but very nice...like the little lyrical organ at the end...all and all a solid song
Sonik hasn't gotten this song yet as he was working on my Christmas CD. I just did a rough mix and threw a bit of reverb on it.

Back