Oban 14 Year

I haven't had Oban yet, but I'm tearing through the list as we type. Talisker 10 is still my #1 Scotch so far, but the Glenfroaig Quarter Cask was also fantastic. Also Lagavulin 16 is a force to be reckoned with. I've had loads of other good ones recently, but those are my standouts.

How much does the Talisker 10 run? I bought the Oban for my dad but forgot to bring it with me today...so I decided to try it for myself. Maybe I'll get him a bottle of Talisker instead.

Maybe I'll forget to bring that one home too.

Oban is pretty good.
It used to be one of my stand-by's of choice.

I kind of got burnt out on it, but it is definitely a quality scotch.

Single malt whiskeys, such as Connemara (peaty) or Kilbeggan 8yr (taste a hint of vanilla) are tasty options.

How much does the Talisker 10 run? I bought the Oban for my dad but forgot to bring it with me today...so I decided to try it for myself. Maybe I'll get him a bottle of Talisker instead.

Maybe I'll forget to bring that one home too.
Talisker runs at $65 around these parts.

Oban is great all round.

Brilliant place to visit, fantastic sea good restaurants and the whisky isn't half bad. I think it was the first distillery tour I ever did actually.

It's just up the lane between the red and white buildings in the middle of this picture and they reckon one of the key taste features of the whisky is the salt it gets from the sea air.

region_1.JPG

Back