NVMD (New Vintage Muff Day)

speakerjones

my hat is all
sy4e9yzy.jpg

So, around 2002 I managed a mom and pop music store. I had been a friend to, and loyal customer of the owner for almost a decade prior. He had taken a temp job, and he needed someone to help run the joint. I did a pretty fine job of it, expanding the lessons program, getting a school band rental account going, etc. For Christmas, he couldn't give me the bonus he wanted to, so he let me rummage through his "old pedals" that he never used anymore. I ended up with, all original 70's, a Ram's Head Big Muff, Phase90, and a Little Big Muff Pi.

I loved them all, but found myself using the LBMP a lot for solos. At some point, it was stolen from our practice space, and I missed it a bunch. I've been watching for a good deal on one for quite a while and finally stumbled on this one on eBay, made an offer, and poof. I'll probably ship it off to Analogman, who has done a great job making some of my vintage pedals more pedalboard friendly. This makes Big Muff #4. I might have a problem.

I agree that the story behind this pedal makes the thread even better. Congrats on finding a dream pedal.

Oh, and yes, you may have a Big Muff jones. :grin:

Back