Nuka World

Guitar Heel

Demented Trick
Anyone finished with the DLC yet? I'm about there.

I like it, a lot, but each ending choice has problems for me. For those who have spent quite a bit of time with it, I'm curious as to your thoughts.

I chose the dark side for my first run-through. That choice has a lot of cool perks associated with it, but it also comes at a high cost...

I still haven't played any Fallout 4 DLC. I figure I'll come back to it after I finish Witcher 3... which FO4 add-on should I start with?

I'd start with Automotron, as it's super short and you have access to the robot workshop, which is hella fun.

Fah Hahbah is maybe the most fun I've ever had playing a video game, and I'd do that one second. It's great, in that you will need to make choices that matter, and it's well-fleshed out.

Nuka World is a natural ending point for the game, for reasons that will become clear once you finish the theme park portion.

So, basically, the exact order in which they came out. The other 2 (3?) DLCs are workshop-based with little to no story.

I finished Nuka World last week.

I went evil. I gave all the park space to the Operators, then the settlements were a mix between the Operators and the Pack. I gave nothing to the third group. I still have some minor stuff to finish up, but the main quest line is done.

I finished Nuka World last week.

I went evil. I gave all the park space to the Operators, then the settlements were a mix between the Operators and the Pack. I gave nothing to the third group. I still have some minor stuff to finish up, but the main quest line is done.
did you enjoy it? I thought it was a lot of fun, and it had much more content than I expected. Loved the park itself.

did you enjoy it? I thought it was a lot of fun, and it had much more content than I expected. Loved the park itself.

I liked it. I found it more fun than Far Harbor. I like that it didn't make the player choose between groups like in Far Harbor and the main game. The choices are often pretty restrictive and morally ambiguous. In Nuka World the main choices were simply good guy and bad guy. I think some more side missions would have been nice to add more content, as the main quest felt pretty linear and it ended very quickly. Also, this one seemed to have a lot of hunt/gather quests, which are often annoying (get medallions, find all the cappy signs, etc.). I also found taking my own settlements back in the commonwealth really hard, as I built a fuck ton of turrets and really armed/armored my civilians.

I liked it. I found it more fun than Far Harbor. I like that it didn't make the player choose between groups like in Far Harbor and the main game. The choices are often pretty restrictive and morally ambiguous. In Nuka World the main choices were simply good guy and bad guy. I think some more side missions would have been nice to add more content, as the main quest felt pretty linear and it ended very quickly. Also, this one seemed to have a lot of hunt/gather quests, which are often annoying (get medallions, find all the cappy signs, etc.). I also found taking my own settlements back in the commonwealth really hard, as I built a fuck ton of turrets and really armed/armored my civilians.
The trick with the settlements is to store the turrets before you give the order to invade. :wink:

I haven't started it yet. Truth be told, I may need to delete the whole game and reinstall from scratch. First I had problems with one of the menus in the chem station. The game freezes if I go anywhere near it. Now, the same damn thing is going on with my generator section. I am not a happy camper since I have about 190 mods running too. Having to reload all that will take awhile.

Threadsurrection. I lost interested in FO4 right around the time i made it to Fenway Park. I was spending too much time futzing with looted items and managing inventory. If I ever have some free time again, I should proabbly go back and work through the game and just not get caught up in looting EVERYTHING I find.

I returned to Fallout 4 recently determined to do some serious settlement building. But it's so bloody finicky. Spent ages trying to align floor, walls and roof on a concrete apartment block. Doesn't help that I'm playing on the PS4. I have it on PC too, but got used to playing games from the sofa.

I returned to the Commonwealth with a fresh set of mods and an upgraded 'puter. Thing is, even with the upgrades, I get slowdowns in heavily built up areas. It doesn't help when you have 180 mods running with hi res textures. But damn is the eye candy nice.

Meet Mac: These shots are smaller than the 1920x1080 originals.
ENH20170528100221_1 by paladina1a, on Flickr

Out on a fire escape in Boston:
ENH20170525205522_1 by paladina1a, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back