NUGD, Pictures Pending

instantsteve

Glowing Cloud
I was in the town's only musical instrument store and found a used Seagull dreadnought. Fret issues, as is. 149.oo. Solid cedar top, probably laminated cedar everywhere else. Wonderful sound. My daughter wants it, so now it is on layaway. Due to the horror of divorce, I will have custody of it for a few years. I think she might have to pry it from my cold, dead fingers.

Congrats on the new acoustic. Make sure the wife knows about the fret issues, and maybe she'll never want it.

Congrats. I had an S6 that was a nice reasonably priced guitar. Solid cedar top w/ laminated cherry back and sides.

I like Seagulls. While I have never owned one, I have never picked one up that didn't play like buttah.

Congrats. I had an S6 that was a nice reasonably priced guitar. Solid cedar top w/ laminated cherry back and sides.
Yeah, I recall Marnie at the store said that it was an early S6. It was in very rough shape when they got it, and I think they said they reattached the neck twice (?). But I am trusting my gut on this. It plays easily and sounds beautiful. It is another "beater" that in its way is too good to be a beater. There is a dead spot around the 13th fret on the first string. But I mostly play cowboy chords anyway, and my daughter likes it.

The divorce issue is that even small amounts of money hinted at provoke acid rains of avarice, or else an urge to pillage, plunder, and spoil. When I got my daughter her other guitar, my ex made it a point to tell me that Ellie never played it. That stuff does not get me any more. I was in court last Friday related to revising child support. I didn't really have a problem, in principle, to paying more. I care about my daughter's well being. But when my ex was questioned by her attorney, she was every inch the wounded spouse - I wouldn't get my stuff, she couldn't let me into the house because I would/had stolen things, spurned her offer to come over for the holidays but simultaneously my presence aggravated her heart condition...she now has a pacemaker. She will outlive me. It was a parade of my evil faults. She should have thanked the Academy at the end. I have to vent about it, yeah, but the honest truth is, I know that she wants me to lose it. That helps me not lose it. And I am seeing an endocrinologist and may be getting to the bottom of my blood pressure issue and better control of my diabetes. I know my kids love me. I know that this won't end, but that when certain ties that bind (the house) are severed she will have less of a hold on me, less strings to jerk. The worse thing would be to look for an end. Things will ebb and flow. Learn to float and steer. The Buddhist perspective really helps.

Back