NTD. New Truck Day!

HNTD!

14 city/18 hwy....man, I remember those days and not entirely fondly either. Gas pump mojo.

Yeah.....the bigger v8 (5.7l) gets ever WORSE mileage, believe it or not.
I figured I'm not towing stuff around every day, so I will give up the HP for some extra MPG.

I really tried to fall in love with the Ford, and it was a great truck, but they couldn't touch the price, and Toyota's trying to move the Tundras, so I got a super-low interest rate on it plus all these incentives.

(Go down to your local Ford dealer, and ask to see a v8 F150 for under $30K. They weren't even interested in trying to match the price. Remember, I was looking at a 2010 F150 they wanted $37K for, and it had 20-something thousand miles on it!)

I test drove the Tundra and a fully pimped out Tacoma. No contest, really.....the Tacoma had nicer bells and whistles, but the Tundra drives much better, imho.....it drives like a real truck.

So, all said and done....the Tundra was still $100 less per month than the Tacoma would have been.

The only thing I wish it had that it doesn't is fog lights, but I can fix that pretty easily.....just hate running the wires, you know?

Other than that, it is pretty bitching.

I'll take some pics today and post them.......it is a very pretty truck.

Back