NSuprise!!!!GD - Vintage edition.

That is a beautiful guitar, Mark. I really love the look of that.

I find myself thinking of an archtop electric, an instrument I felt I had no need for. The hospital did not cure my GAS. :embarrassed:

Gibson bought Epi in 57 and moved production to a building adjacent to the Gibson factory in Kalamazoo. Epis from the 50-60's were often straight up copies of Gibsons of the era, and rumor has it that they were made from the same wood, on the same machines, by the same people as the Gibsons. I've heard in the early days that production between the two brands overlapped so much that the person building the guitar had to look at a build sheet to determine if the guitar got an Epi headstock or a Gibson headstock neck.

While I deny none of this, the profile of this and several other Epis, even after the Gibson takeover were unique to the Epiphone brand.

Like Mark pointed out, it's similar to the ES-125, but it is not the exact same body. Not that they aren't out there, but I've never seen a Gibson with the exact profile of the Century.

Here's a ES 125 like I used to have:

p4_ujwswb3c0_ss.jpg

The inclusion of this picture isn't worth the bits that it expends. :thu:

Mark, that looks awesome. I actually prefer it to the ES 125. I didn't catch until the clip that is was a shallow hollowbody...making it even more appealing.

How's the neck. The one on the '52 ES-125 I had was HUGE...the fattest neck I've ever played. And I love it!

ok..short jam unplugged:

Okay, that was awesome. It brought me back to my jazz/pop performance class in the early '90s. We did Tenor Madness, but I never got to being able to play some real great jazz over it like you do in the clip...I was just a blue influenced rock player trying to improvise.

Mark, that looks awesome. I actually prefer it to the ES 125. I didn't catch until the clip that is was a shallow hollowbody...making it even more appealing.

How's the neck. The one on the '52 ES-125 I had was HUGE...the fattest neck I've ever played. And I love it!
The neck isn't beefy but it seems a little wide. Very playable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dropped off the rest of my "payment" today:

d8bbd23f99d4cf01b9251b6465e0b9f5.jpg

I thought I'd be more bummed about seeing a part of my teen age experience go away but not so much. As I told my wife, I'll actually get use out of the guitar even if it doesn't get played that often. That cabinet has passed audio maybe twice since Clinton was president.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back