NPD!

I didn't think there would be. The pedal looks a little small for 3 knobs and 2 switches. Your little demo sounded great. All the demos I've watched of the Cavemen had it with lower gain. It's looks like it can handle some crunch too.
What's funny is that the gain is in 5 in that video. Te speaker in the Deluxe farts out if you get too crazy though.

Ok...I went back today to get a carry bag for my new stage lights and ended up picking up the AC Booster that I tried when I got the Caveman. For $109 I figured it was a competitive deal to what I see them on Reverb.com for after shipping and I can always return it if I want. It's going on my small board I think.

Ok...I went back today to get a carry bag for my new stage lights and ended up picking up the AC Booster that I tried when I got the Caveman. For $109 I figured it was a competitive deal to what I see them on Reverb.com for after shipping and I can always return it if I want. It's going on my small board I think.

Had an AC booster for a pretty long time. Well long for me :grin:

I liked it.

Had an AC booster for a pretty long time. Well long for me :grin:

I liked it.

I think it'll be useful and the price was right. I have a couple more things I want to pick up but I don't have the funds to pay new for everything this summer so as I see things I'm grabbing them.

What are you waiting for??
:grin:
When I bought my Splawn, I started building a pedalboard. I have all sorts of killer pedals that are going to go on it as well as a switching system similar to Mark's. It's almost done but I haven't worked on it in months. I keep talking myself into not incorporating pedals onto a board that supposed to be only "temporary". I'm a slacker....

When I bought my Splawn, I started building a pedalboard. I have all sorts of killer pedals that are going to go on it as well as a switching system similar to Mark's. It's almost done but I haven't worked on it in months. I keep talking myself into not incorporating pedals onto a board that supposed to be only "temporary". I'm a slacker....

As someone who has bought a pedal or 2, I'd recommend at least plugging it up for a second or two to make sure it works. I've gotten a few DOA pedals so it's a good idea to test it out to make sure it works so you don't end up emailing the seller 3 weeks after delivery to tell them it isnt working.

Good point

I had it happen to me with a pickup sale. A guy bought some pickups from me and 29 days after USPS delivered them, he messaged me saying they weren't working and that he just then hooked them up. Now they were working when I pulled them out of my tele to box them up. 29 days is a long time. Maybe they didn't work when they arrived at his house. Maybe he broke them when trying to solder them up. Maybe he played them for 28 days and decided he didn't like them and my policy on Reverb says no returns unless items are defective. I have no idea, but no way am I going to take a return nearly 30 days after they were delivered. Had I gotten a message in a day or 2, he could have sent them back and I would have given a refund.

I had it happen to me with a pickup sale. A guy bought some pickups from me and 29 days after USPS delivered them, he messaged me saying they weren't working and that he just then hooked them up. Now they were working when I pulled them out of my tele to box them up. 29 days is a long time. Maybe they didn't work when they arrived at his house. Maybe he broke them when trying to solder them up. Maybe he played them for 28 days and decided he didn't like them and my policy on Reverb says no returns unless items are defective. I have no idea, but no way am I going to take a return nearly 30 days after they were delivered. Had I gotten a message in a day or 2, he could have sent them back and I would have given a refund.
I'll hook it up tonight...seeing as how the band project I've been working my ass off to put together just imploded, I've got nothing but free time.

I'm finally watching Pete Thorns demo of the Caveman v1:

The thing I discovered is that it sounds rad but on my screwed up Blue Beet gig its almost inaudible because of the volume and the amount of crash cymbals that are being his as hard and as frequently as possible. When I was able to use it it sounds great and the boost was really useful during the super loud parts of the night in the last set where I had to play solos on tunes like "fight for your right to party".

Back