NPD!

RyanNo3

Pedals - Pedals - Pedals
My New Year's resolution was to play more and buy nothing until Christmas 2017... I made it 71 days.

Sold the Octaswitch and got most of the way for the H9.

IMG_20170316_175132 2.jpg

This pedal is deeEEEEeEeeeeEEEp. Surprisingly it's not overwhelming... The iOS interface is awesome and easy. I went ahead and *treated* myself to the T1M footswitch.

Chasing down @Chad 's record for pedal buying and selling...

The thing that kills the H9 for me is the fact that you can only use one effect at a time. If it were a true multi/Fx (more than one at a time) it would sooooo be worth the money.

I would, if I were a little richer...

I just learned this week, and Ryan can correct me on this, that you can run the H9 with 4 cables in mono. This allows you to run it both before and after your dirt pedals so you can take full advantage of the unit's capabilities. Apparently, this function was extended to the Factor pedals as well, and is something I'll be exploring, as my Pitchfactor has a helluva modulated delay on it.

The thing that kills the H9 for me is the fact that you can only use one effect at a time. If it were a true multi/Fx (more than one at a time) it would sooooo be worth the money.

I think the thought behind them is, most folks aren't going to have multiple modulations or delays going at once, so you only need one at a time. I don't think they have any dirt in them, just modulation and delay. There are some patches that have modulation and delay on at the same time. I'm still considering one down the road but I'd really like to get my hands on one for a few weeks to see how it works and if it's worth it. For me it may not work out so well because I like to layer modulation, reverb and delays. I love a big swirling mess.

I think the thought behind them is, most folks aren't going to have multiple modulations or delays going at once, so you only need one at a time. I don't think they have any dirt in them, just modulation and delay. There are some patches that have modulation and delay on at the same time. I'm still considering one down the road but I'd really like to get my hands on one for a few weeks to see how it works and if it's worth it. For me it may not work out so well because I like to layer modulation, reverb and delays. I love a big swirling mess.

I absolutely use modulation and delay at the same time and sometimes they're at opposite ends of my board. Hence the need for 2. And if I'm gonna do that, might as well get a Helix.

I just learned this week, and Ryan can correct me on this, that you can run the H9 with 4 cables in mono. This allows you to run it both before and after your dirt pedals so you can take full advantage of the unit's capabilities. Apparently, this function was extended to the Factor pedals as well, and is something I'll be exploring, as my Pitchfactor has a helluva modulated delay on it.
I think so... I only have a couple of hours in it and the rabbit hole is deep. They do have a pre post option to let you set it up for wet/dry rigs and positioning in the signal chain.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I absolutely use modulation and delay at the same time and sometimes they're at opposite ends of my board. Hence the need for 2. And if I'm gonna do that, might as well get a Helix.

I wouldn't need 2, but I would have an additional delay, reverb and modulation pedal. It wouldn't replace my delay, verb or mod, but it may be able to let me have it, and one of each of the others to get by.

I wouldn't need 2, but I would have an additional delay, reverb and modulation pedal. It wouldn't replace my delay, verb or mod, but it may be able to let me have it, and one of each of the others to get by.

For me, it's an either/or proposition. You either have the pedals you would want to consolidate into the H9 or you have the H9. I can understand wanting 2 H9s, and controlling them via midi to perform different digital functions among non time based or pitch shifting pedals. But the entire purpose is consolidation, not redundancy.

Back