NPD!

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
New Pedal Day!

After watching countless youtube videos, and playing thru a few pedals, I came home from Sweetwaterfest with a Fulltone OCD overdrive pedal.

I didn't get to try one out with the EVH III mini head that I have though, so I hope they get along nicely together.

I got it to use on the clean channel of the amp for bluesy-to-classic rock overdrive, as the clean channel and the crunch channel of the amp share controls, and channel 2 is WAY louder than channel 1 making them unusable together playing live.

I'll try it out later tonight.

They had signs up all over Sweetwater that everything was on sale, but the OCD pedal rang up as list price :(

Still, the gal behind the checkout desk asked me if the power supply came with it, or was a separate item. I had no idea and told her so, so she threw that in for free, which turned out it was a $17.99 separate item.

So I did get discount after all :cool:

Cool. Happy ODC day!

ocd-nightmare.jpg

The OCD plays very nicely with my EVH III mini.

Even with the gain on the pedal all the way down, it adds a bit of grit on the clean channel. All the way down or a tad higher gives some pretty useful bluesy tones, and the gain not quite half way gives pretty good classic rock tones. The gain a bit over half and you can really get into classic '80s metal territory. I cranked the gain all the way up just to see what it would sound like, and for some reason that seems to cut out some of the high frequencies. I'm not sure if that's a Fulltone design, or a quirk of my particular pedal. It did get a slightly fuzz pedal-like tone that way though.

I tried it through Channel 3 on the amp, the high gain channel, just to see what was what. It seems like having the gain on the pedal all the way down and using it more as a boost, the bottom end tightens up a bit. So it's useful there too :)

Back