NPD! This just happened (Vai Legacy Edition)

OGG

Master of the Meh
Yeah, so this quite literally JUST happened. My buddy/bandmate that works for "Company X" asked me last night if I was ready for more goodies. I was thinking maybe more shirts, cables, etc... then just now I get this IM:

https://carvinaudio.com/products/vld1-legacy-drive-pre-amp-pedal
a86af2a42a6c32f51998c5058b4909fa.jpg
dda0661e1470aaf2ebddc7b637ec3a86.jpg
327311ef7e7473280fb3637dc3f72c38.jpg
4d20348ecff02a9fc3770a03a85da055.jpg

You need to move to my hood. Then I can funnel everyone to you so I don't have to go out :grin:
Ha! I'll take the Chad reject friends!!
I'd love to move toward your area. My wife and I were talking about it several months ago, unfortunately finances say we aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Ha! I'll take the Chad reject friends!!
I'd love to move toward your area. My wife and I were talking about it several months ago, unfortunately finances say we aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

I wouldn't recommend this area to anyone. If you can live in the city, it would awesome, but the DC burbs are hell on earth. I'm counting the days til I can get the hell out of here :grin:

How you gonna get the squiggly pen marks off your phone?

Congrats on the pedal.
That actually took me a sec... :)

I should have it tomorrow. We were going to get together tonight, but we're heading out to see Spiderdude.

That pedal costs more than all of the pedals currently on my board combined. :whoa:

It definitely isn't going to fit my current board either... at least not if I want any other pedals on there. Looks like I am going to have to pay the piper. I ordered a Pedaltrain a while back, but when it got here, I really didn't like it at all just from unboxing and eyeballing it, so it went back.

My current board is already too tight to hold everything I want to put on it. I guess I'll spend some time over this weekend researching different options.

I wouldn't recommend this area to anyone. If you can live in the city, it would awesome, but the DC burbs are hell on earth. I'm counting the days til I can get the hell out of here :grin:
We were actually thinking of the Carolinas. So, not exactly your area but for a New Englander like me, close enough!!

Congrats on the HNPD :thu:

Damn that is a lot of knobs.
Yeah, that IS a lot of knobs. From what I've since read, and the YouTube videos I've watched, it is for all intent and purpose, a Vai Legacy Amp without the power section and cabinet (but it has a cab simulator). Watching specifically the video Vai himself made about it, it pretty much makes any amp with a transparent clean channel or going direct to P.A. sound pretty much just like the whole Amp. He sure does seem happy with it.

Was never really a Vai fan musically, but he is one Hell of a Player and has about as good a tone as any of the elite shred-o-maniacs. I don't do shred, or metal, but I actually use a lead tone very similar to his... smooth, creamy, long sustain, long delays... somewhere between him and DeGarmo. So I think I might just get some pretty good use of this thing.

The two dirt pedals currently on my board will both stay, because they each do their particular thing as only they can (Rat, and HM-2), but this thing seems versatile enough to cover a ton of ground in between, and I'll bet the JC makes a perfect platform for it. I should find out later today.

HNPD

Not completely understanding, do you get to keep this or, just take it for a spin?

HNPD

Not completely understanding, do you get to keep this or, just take it for a spin?
Funny you ask, because I had to ask for clarification myself since I was confused. It's mine to keep, but... if I sell it, the Kiesel brothers get to take turns kicking me in the nuts for a period of no less than 4 hours, but up to 24 depending on their stamina and level of pissed offedness.

Funny you ask, because I had to ask for clarification myself since I was confused. It's mine to keep, but... if I sell it, the Kiesel brothers get to take turns kicking me in the nuts for a period of no less than 4 hours, but up to 24 depending on their stamina and level of pissed offedness.

So don't sell it. If you want to get rid of it, sell someone a muffin for the value of the pedal, then just give them the pedal because you think they are swell :grin:

Back