NPD - the Timmy has landed

Aahzz

Habanero Evangelist
So I had some birthday cash available, and poking around showed me that Humbucker Music had the Timmy in stock. Dammit, I've wanted to try one for years, so for $129 I figured I'd go for it.

It arrived today. Initial impressions are very, very good. For my purposes, I have been looking for a mild overdrive to add some hair to my clean tone and add a touch of edge to everything. TS types don't do that well, IMO - the mid hump makes everything sound honky and nasal, and that's not at all what I want. With the Timmy, I'm glad it came with instructions, as the tone controls are counter-intuitive - they're rolloffs only. So, you keep them turned all the way off to keep them from effecting the tone, and turning bass up rolls off bass, turning treble up rolls of treble. I found them to be very sensitive, and have the treble control almost off and the bass at 11 o'clock. For my purposes, with Gain and Volume both set at 9 o'clock, it gives my that perfect sparkle edge that I want.

So far I really like it. Now to play with it for a few more days and settle in.

For those that like pics, I got it in the Starburst Fiasco finish, and Humbucker Music has better pics than I could take, so look here:

http://www.humbuckermusic.com/colle...ts/paul-cochrane-timmy-pedal-starburst-fiasco

HNTPD :thu:

Always wanted to try one also but never have. Unsure if I ever will unless my buddy lets me check his out. He picked up his a few months ago.

Would like to compare a Timmy to the Soul Food in my rig. I'm not diggin the SF as much as I thought I would. I actually prefer my Rat2 dialed way back for a bit o hair vs the SF. Dunno, maybe it's just my rig or I havnt found the sweet spot on the SF.

Would like to compare a Timmy to the Soul Food in my rig. I'm not diggin the SF as much as I thought I would. I actually prefer my Rat2 dialed way back for a bit o hair vs the SF. Dunno, maybe it's just my rig or I havnt found the sweet spot on the SF.

I have a Soul Food right next to my Timmy. The Soul Food is too nasal sounding to me to use as a normal overdrive, but I like it as a lead boost. The Timmy is much more open and clear sounding.

I have a Soul Food right next to my Timmy. The Soul Food is too nasal sounding to me to use as a normal overdrive, but I like it as a lead boost. The Timmy is much more open and clear sounding.

Nasal is a good description of the SF, I'm looking for more of a light rhythm crunch.

In that case I do think you'd dig the Timmy, that's exactly the reason I got mine and it doesn't disappoint.

Back