NPD! Mojo Hand Colossus

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
came in today. also with a free pack of Dunlop 10-46 strings. i've been wanting to try these out for a while now, but didn't want to pay for them. so free is good. i'll put them on my PRS this weekend and see how i like em. it's due for a restring anyway.

mojohand_colossus_004.jpg

first impressions.

it sits exactly in the mix where i wanted it to. think of the Rocket Drive as a default. if you want more treble and not a lot of bass, you go sToneBender. if you want to add bottom, you go Colossus. i could maybe use a tad more distortion built into the pedal, but the Way Huge Angry Troll does that job admirably. and since it's a fuzz, and not a distortion pedal, it has less filtering than the Tube Zone. so at the same dirt level, it's got a bit more "hair to it.

it gets really heavy with the PRS, not as heavy with the Ric. i'm not sure it jives with the Tele, which seems to be made for the Rocket Drive/sToneBender combo. but i'm also sure that i'll put everything through it's paces in the next 2 weeks at rehearsal.

From the thread title, I assumed you were asking for mojo because your hand had swollen to colossal size.

Anyhow, sounds like a cool pedal. :thu:

also, i now know why i never liked Big Muffs before. no mids knob. i've got the thing about 3 o'clock. below 2 or so and it's all mush.

first impressions.

it sits exactly in the mix where i wanted it to. think of the Rocket Drive as a default. if you want more treble and not a lot of bass, you go sToneBender. if you want to add bottom, you go Colossus. i could maybe use a tad more distortion built into the pedal, but the Way Huge Angry Troll does that job admirably. and since it's a fuzz, and not a distortion pedal, it has less filtering than the Tube Zone. so at the same dirt level, it's got a bit more "hair to it.

it gets really heavy with the PRS, not as heavy with the Ric. i'm not sure it jives with the Tele, which seems to be made for the Rocket Drive/sToneBender combo. but i'm also sure that i'll put everything through it's paces in the next 2 weeks at rehearsal.

interesting. It sounds more up my alley than the Stonebender.

interesting. It sounds more up my alley than the Stonebender.

it's a very different thing.

in comparison to the Tube Zone, if the TZ is new school, then the Colossus is old school.

in comparison to the sToneBender, it's Tony Iommi to Jimmy Page. they both have their place.

Back