NPD: DOD Boneshaker

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
Weeks ago, I ordered a DOD Boneshaker on blowout. It finally showed up today.

J20096000000000-00-500x500.jpg

When the Boneshaker came out a couple of years ago, it was marketed as a standalone distortion. All the demos were super high gain and tuned down, and it sounded awesome. While you can certainly use it for that, it's niche is as a highly tweakable dirty boost.

In the 5 minutes I've had to play with it, here's the deal. It's a DOD 250 with extra gain, a pre-gain bass control (depth) and a 3 band semi-parametric EQ that sits between gain stages.

On first listen, it sounds fantastic with my Pickle Drive. I need to work it out with the RAT. The combo has lots of potential but apartment levels aren't exactly the place to work it out. It does not like the MI Audio Tube Zone at all, but that's to be expected. The TZ has way too much gain to pair well with a dirty boost and the DOD never gets really clean unless you back off on the guitar volume.

In summation, if you like the DOD 250 or even the Timmy, and you want more gain and more control over the EQ, this poorly named pedal is for you.

Alligator Chef -> Boneshaker

:santareindeer:

It should also be noted that @RyanNo3 further modded the Alligator Chef with a 3 way bass switch. While there wasn't much of a difference we could tell in the barn, it's quite apparent at bedroom levels. In full bass mode, with the Depth off on the Boneshaker, this combo has everything I need. Me likey.

Last edited:
HNPD I was thinking about getting one, but I really have no need for it. Glad to know I would have chosen well.

Might still....

HNPD!

It should also be noted that @RyanNo3 further modded the Alligator Chef with a 3 way bass switch. While there wasn't much of a difference we could tell in the barn, it's quite apparent at bedroom levels. In full bass mode, with the Depth off on the Boneshaker, this combo has everything I need. Me likey.

:thu:8)

I had an opportunity to turn up to all of 2 yesterday for about 5 minutes. With the gain at about 3 o'clock, it does a pretty good rhythm distortion tone. Above that and there's a bit of hiss in the circuit. This is where the RAT comes in. Set everything at noon and rock.

Back