NPD: Digitech Ventura Vibe

GDSmithTX

Corporate cog

I've had this one on my watchlist for some time, but only under a $60 price threshold. One finally came along this week, so I jumped on it. Received it Thursday but didn't really get a chance to mess around with it till last night.

I like what I've seen so far. I've only run it in mono mode and mostly on the Vintage setting (with slow rate and high depth), but I've gotten some really nice chewy sounds out of it. Combining it with low gain fuzz gives me a very nice "Bridge of Sighs" thing, which I love. My son is with his mom tonight, so I'll be able to really crank it up and see how it responds to high gain/high volume.

This is more to my liking than my old pimp-graphics Soul Vibe, which was too thin for my tastes.

As it stands, though, this will likely replace the DoD Phasor 201 on my board.

I like it!!! Are these pedals discontinued? Sweetwater has them new for 150 bucks.

I don't believe they are. That price was why I had a search saved with an upper limit; didn't want to pay anywhere close to that much. I set it about 6-7 months ago and lost two to other bidders at the very last second. It took some patience but I'm damned glad I snagged it.

Ventura is digital. It models an actual photocell univibe, and sounds "more authentic" than the MXR, which does not use photocells. Ventura also has a rotary mode.

Yeah, this is the stuff, with a thick, subtle, grainy throb. It seems tough to beat a used Ventura Vibe on price and versatility.

As comparison, in the dedicated vibe pedal arena, I've had the BBE Soul Vibe and a modded/rehoused Dano Chicken Salad.

Yeah, this is the stuff, with a thick, subtle, grainy throb. It seems tough to beat a used Ventura Vibe on price and versatility.

As comparison, in the dedicated vibe pedal arena, I've had the BBE Soul Vibe and a modded/rehoused Dano Chicken Salad.

How does they compare?

How does they compare?

It's better in pretty much every way. The Ventura has richer, more usable depth to the vibe effect (the "vintage" switch setting), it's considerably less noisy than either of the others, the useful sweep of the effect is greater, and it's got two additional settings: the "Modern" univibe (which sounds really good at low depth and speed) and Rotary (which sounds great in stereo).

Back