NPD (Again!)

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
11255261_10153381626342425_5686799826626440227_n.jpg

After my shows this weekend I realized that I needed the Pinnacle back for certain things. Part of me would trade it for a regular Pinnacle straight across since I very rarely use the boost button. The Strymon Brigadier and Voodoo Lab 4x4 both came in today so I put it all together during a break tonight. So far pretty rad for the gigs that I'm currently playing. The next thing I need to do is get the Mobius firmware updated and then clean up some of my programming.

Nice! It's kinda' hard to go wrong with Strymon anything, depending on your needs and budget. I don't think I'd leave the room for days if I had the Mobius!

I've been eying their Brigadier delay. The Timeline is a bit more than I'd need.

Nice! It's kinda' hard to go wrong with Strymon anything, depending on your needs and budget. I don't think I'd leave the room for days if I had the Mobius!

I've been eying their Brigadier delay. The Timeline is a bit more than I'd need.
That's kind of how I looked at it. I really don't need all of the extra stuff and this seemed to cover exactly what I needed.

And yeah, as far as Strymon goes, I've had 100% good experiences with them so far.

What does the Brigadier do?
It orders other pedals around.
:rim:

It is an analog bucket brigade delay with plenty of range.
http://www.strymon.net/products/brigadier/

Yeah....essentially its a fancier version of a Carbon Copy. I tend to use delays more for ambience than U2 or Andy Summers-type parts so being able to control the mix and the "bucket loss" control allow me to get the depth I want without reverb and without it sounding like there is a delay pedal overpowering everything. I'll know for sure when I gig it out but I have a class tonight I'll try my whole rig with.

I was thinking of getting the Blue Sky eventually but I'm thinking of giving this a try first for much less money:

Yeah....essentially its a fancier version of a Carbon Copy. I tend to use delays more for ambience than U2 or Andy Summers-type parts so being able to control the mix and the "bucket loss" control allow me to get the depth I want without reverb and without it sounding like there is a delay pedal overpowering everything. I'll know for sure when I gig it out but I have a class tonight I'll try my whole rig with.

I like the description of how you use it. Sounds like a ideal pedal for that usage.

I like the description of how you use it. Sounds like a ideal pedal for that usage.
On high volume gigs reverb ends up turning my sound to mush...the delay works better. For quieter gigs or when I need a surf, old school blues or a jazz sound the reverb works better.

Back