Now this, I can live with.

Steverino

black sheep
E9B679B3-2B03-4063-ACDE-388279C30C0B_zpsowecx2oo.jpg

That's the average total, since I drove it off the dealer lot. Not sure if I believe it, so I'm going to do the ol' calcuator/pencil-and-paper method as well.

I'm behaving myself (mostly), no crazy high speeds, no digs, no racing. The terrain here is flat and I'm not running AC this time of year. 90% highway miles on the daily commute.

My previous DD was getting 20mpg. :js:

Sweet!

My car's computer is way off. It'll say I'm getting 25 mpg, and when I fill the car back up and do the calculation of miles/gallons used, it's more like 34-35 :embarrassed:

Driving a Scion xD and getting 34 in town and near 40 hwy. BTW... HEY GAS STATION PRICE ROBBERS! Still waiting for gas to drop significantly below $2 a gallon here in FLA ( i don't buy the cheapest grade. it will eff up your engine). I know you fuckers are taking it in the shorts with the Brent price..but TOO FUCKING BAD FOR YOU. Life ain't fair, is it?

I'm getting 18.3 mpg and paying $1.899 for premium. $1.699 for regular for my truck and wife's car.

I'm getting 18.3 mpg and paying $1.899 for premium. $1.699 for regular for my truck and wife's car.
Premium still around $2.699 here in FLA. And oddly, I have to drive to the "rich side of town" to get it at that price.

My Forester's computer typically reads 1/2 to 1.5 mpg higher than my calculations.
Yeah, I'm just a tad skeptical. With barely 3K on the odometer, I figure the engine starting to loosen up. I've noticed a marked improvement in the last 800 miles or so. I'll clear the trip meter and get out the calculator.

Yeah, I'm just a tad skeptical. With barely 3K on the odometer, I figure the engine starting to loosen up. I've noticed a marked improvement in the last 800 miles or so. I'll clear the trip meter and get out the calculator.
I'm willing to bet manufacturers intentionally make the computers read higher mpg than the car actually gets. They probably think no one will bother to calculate it to see if it's accurate, and they're mostly right.

Back