Now.. I rarely bitch about prices... BUT

dougk

b00b
I give you the new Fender CS "jazzmaster"

10163B.jpg

10013B.jpg

A "Jazzmaster" with less stuff on it. I totally get this, I mean I'm the "if you make an offset with less stuff it's perfect" guy.

BUT.

It's FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS. It's an Alder, hardtail with two Jazzmaster pickups. http://davesguitar.com/products/fender-custom-shop/proto-jazzmaster-3/

Seriously.

157399533.jpg

Alder. Hardtail. 2xP90 (but could be JM pickups).

Guess I'm doing it wrong. LOL

On another forum a GC employee claimed that a Fender rep told him Fender is dropping most of the low-end branded stuff just like Gibson did. Squire gets the low-end and Fender USA becomes a lifestyle brand; no more cranking out kooky inexpensive guitars just to fill up GC stores and dump it at a loss later. Maybe this is a step in that direction.

did leo smash those grapes with his own, decrepit feet? I bet the nose reeks a strong, glowing glass of the 6V6 varietal, mixed with hints of ben gay, and old man.

Reactions: Tig
On another forum a GC employee claimed that a Fender rep told him Fender is dropping most of the low-end branded stuff just like Gibson did. Squire gets the low-end and Fender USA becomes a lifestyle brand; no more cranking out kooky inexpensive guitars just to fill up GC stores and dump it at a loss later. Maybe this is a step in that direction.
One thing I've learned, as a former GC employee myself, is that what GC marks as discontinued and what the manufacturer actually discontinues are two completely different things. Unfortunately, most current GC employees aren't smart enough to realize that the gospel of GC is along the lines of that Brazilian priest that convinced his parishioners that his dick contained the Holy Milk of Jesus.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

So Fender and Gibson are having a contest to see who goes bankrupt first? :facepalm:

This makes sense. Probably tired of retailers having to dump poor sellers at a loss then not wanting to reorder (especially with their stocking requirements).

The other thing is it might be 4k but it's probably about the same price as Arcturus when sold to the stores initially.

I think I'm done with the big brands.

Once my McFeely is done and paid for, I'll probably line up my dimes to get a Kauer, and maybe a Thorn down the road.

I've not played any PRS guitars in the past couple years that I like better than the two I've customized... and the other big two are all over the map with consistency in feel and quality of offerings. I know I can put together a Warmoth that I like better than anything off the rack from either of them.

They apparently want to get into the same market as Gibson is in - overpriced guitars that appeal to people who don't know any better.

Back