Now I know what stupid looks like...

jelloman

Couch'd Tater...
...it looks like the white trash morons who just sunk 3 grand into a 2001 Eclipse that some shade tree jackass "fixed" for them...

Timing belt,water pump, distributor, cat, tune up, sway bar links, suspension...

...damned thing has over 200,000 on it...

:gah:

Wow, my eldest step daughter moved?
You should see the fine used POS's that she and her hubby finance to purchase from those small lots. The cars usually die before being paid off. :facepalm:

Oh, she finally got a driver's license yesterday at the age of 32.

upload_2014-3-14_16-18-28.jpeg

I can't say much. A year and a half ago I spent almost $3000 replacing the engine in my 2000 Ford Ranger. My justification was that the rest of the truck was in great shape, and I couldn't get a better vehicle for $3000.

I've put about 25k miles on it since then, and put a few hundred more dollars into repairs, but those are mostly maintenance items.

At that price range, you're pretty much fucked whichever way you go.

There's a thriving cottage industry down here of people (usually Vietnamese) buying up cheap, nearly dead cars and "fixing them up" for a huge profit on Craigslist, etc. They'll lie to your face about the history of the car. If you don't check the VIN on Carfax or elsewhere or have a mechanic inspect it, you will definitely get ripped off.

I dump ~$50 of oil a month into our hay truck because it's cheaper than getting the problem fixed :embarrassed:

Wow, my eldest step daughter moved?
You should see the fine used POS's that she and her hubby finance to purchase from those small lots. The cars usually die before being paid off. :facepalm:

Oh, she finally got a driver's license yesterday at the age of 32.

View attachment 12812
I've got more than a decade on her, and only have my beginnner's. :tongue:

Reactions: Tig
Ok, it's getting worse...I just wrote a quote to a body shop for 4600.00 worth of front end parts to fix a 1997 Diamente...:facepalm:

Back