Nothing like playing a guitar with stainless steel frets

Oh, pics of the Warmoth and US Masters.

Front3Small.jpg

Holy crap. That must be the reason why I loved playing that guitar so much. Makes so much sense. Nice

This badboy has SS frets...yes the refret cost more than the guitar...it's ok the guitar was cheap and I love it anyways. I've not had any problems with it wearing strings too fast, they do wear faster but I just replaced strings that were more than 3 months old (probably closer to 6) and it was still playable though I should have done it earlier :facepalm:. I will put SS on every electric and maybe acoustic from now on. I seem to be hard on frets. I can even see some slight wear after 5+ years on the SS ones though nothing like the original wear. The guitar does get played the most of all my guitars so that might be understandable

Strat.jpg

I don't have any with SS and am afraid to. If I like them that much, 20 guitars will end up with SS refrets lol

I don't think I have ever owned a guitar for 10 years :facepalm:

I have two real electrics anymore...

'72 Les Paul Goldtop I bought in '93 (21 years)
'79 Stratocaster I bought in '99 (15 years)

A few others have come and gone before and since, but only those "stuck." Keep meaning to build either an Antigua or Capri Orange Strat, maybe with SS frets. (yes...I LIKE Antigua finishes)

First acoustic to this dance? The combination of a carbon fiber fingerboard and stainless frets make for a really slick action. In fact -- perhaps too slick. I changed the strings (came with lights --- .012s) to mediums (i.e. .013s) and am contemplating using heavy strings on it...

Back