Nothing like playing a guitar with stainless steel frets

mystixboi1

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Seriously. This should be an industry-standard. Once you have a guitar with stainless steel frets you'll never want to play anything else.

Does anybody else have a guitar with stainless steel frets? If so, which guitar? And please post a pic

Here is mine. And Ernie Ball Music Man Luke III

E5104230-C5DE-41FF-B850-149F1A5A09C3.jpg

How about you?

In the two days I had a Wolfgang Special, the SS frets were what made me change my mind (to the positive) on vintage-sized frets; the fact that they were SS only drove it home more. I would gladly take vintage-sized SS frets on any guitar.

I have SS frets on the Carvin CT6.

I like them except for when I tune down for a lot of the 'metal' tunings…they make the strings feel too slinky then.

Ive got 3 and love em. 2 Suhr's and an EBMM Silo.

No pics though.

Really figure they will become standard in the future. Just takes awhile for mindsets to change.

I like them too, but they destroy strings. And, depending on the individual make-up of the sweat and oils from your hands, having to frequently restring is annoying as is.

I've never owned a guitar with them before. Considering how fast I go through standard frets the idea is intriguing though.

My orange Warmoth has them, and I'm pretty sure my US Masters does too. I love them. I also have never found them to destroy strings. In the 10 years or so that I've been playing the orange Warmoth, I've never broken a string at a fret, and when I do change strings, it's because they are old and dead sounding, not because of wear caused by the frets.

I have had a few and honestly couldn't tell the difference.

The only difference I've found is that after 10 years of regular playing, there isn't so much as a scratch in the frets. They look and feel just like they did on day 1.

My orange Warmoth has them, and I'm pretty sure my US Masters does too. I love them. I also have never found them to destroy strings. In the 10 years or so that I've been playing the orange Warmoth, I've never broken a string at a fret, and when I do change strings, it's because they are old and dead sounding, not because of wear caused by the frets.

I've never broken a string while playing, either.

The only difference I've found is that after 10 years of regular playing, there isn't so much as a scratch in the frets. They look and feel just like they did on day 1.

I don't think I have ever owned a guitar for 10 years :facepalm:

I've got the stainless version of 6105s on my Warmoth necked Line6 Variax.

Please tell me all the details on that Godless Heathen and how I can get one.
It's a Warmoth. Mahogany body with a (separate) carved mahogany top, mahogany neck, pau ferro fretboard, Gotoh bridge and Kinman noiseless P90 pickups. Warmoth can't make LPS bodies or necks anymore (thanks, Gibson), so you'd have to go with some other shape.

Back