Not Traditional By Any Means But How Cool Is This?

2855_191781970005_651410005_6441085.jpg
I'm starting to get blown away by these people...

And here's a picture of my cousin with you know who...........

Last edited:
I downloaded a bunch of Jazz covers of pop songs to play during cocktail hour at a recent wedding.

This one is killer:

This one is pretty nice as well:

Just when one has almost given up on music as it is.....

Rather to listen to old familiar stuff as it was...

Stuff like this comes along....

Beautiful........Thanks for posting that......

I don't have a big band to work with, but taking cover tunes and re-working them into acoustic trio or reggae versions has been one of the most exciting things for my playing over the past two years. It's energized me to keep learning new songs, even if they weren't ones I would listen to on my ipod before, as well as adding to my chord and inversion knowledge.

I don't have a big band to work with, but taking cover tunes and re-working them into acoustic trio or reggae versions has been one of the most exciting things for my playing over the past two years. It's energized me to keep learning new songs, even if they weren't ones I would listen to on my ipod before, as well as adding to my chord and inversion knowledge.
And writing too,I hope...

And believe it or not it's quite often the little things...

This young lady gives the sign for coo coo crazy.....

What does Angus do????

I have been writing songs, but that approach hasn't changed as much as my approach to covers has.

I hear ya...I think writing does tend to wane for most as time goes by...

Shit,I can remember when I could smoke a joint and three tunes per afternoon would pop out...Most were filler but still good times....

I've never been able to give much justice to many covers like I could my own stuff...A few though.......

Last edited:
I dig the concept, but I think Lake Street Dive does and better job all around. First because they pick better tunes (but I get that these guys are purposely doing modern big hits to get people's attention). Second because they write their own awesome stuff as well.

Here a clip of the former (pretty well known clip):

And here's a clip of the latter...love this tune, but whole album is great:

I dig the concept, but I think Lake Street Dive does and better job all around. First because they pick better tunes (but I get that these guys are purposely doing modern big hits to get people's attention). Second because they write their own awesome stuff as well.

Here a clip of the former (pretty well known clip):

And here's a clip of the latter...love this tune, but whole album is great:

Two words..

Fucking sweet......

That was great. I just wish they went after those high notes that Elton hasn't been able to sing for decades...they're my favorite pars of the tune.
My understanding is that Elton had surgery on his throat a few years back and since then lost his falsetto...

Back