Not that Avril Lavigne was that good before but...

I'm quite fond of older Avril tunes like "He Wasn't," "Don't Tell Me" and several tunes from The Best Damn Thing. Good voice, catchy, energetic pop-rock songs. I dig.

Wow, that was really....ummm....horrible. Talk about your overuse of auto-tune. Has her ability to sing been lost along with her taste in music?

Don't I recall, when she first hit the scene, that she made statements about how women are objectified in music and she wasn't into prancing around like a slut?

Don't I recall, when she first hit the scene, that she made statements about how women are objectified in music and she wasn't into prancing around like a slut?

It's easy to have principles before the money starts rolling in...or maybe drying up in her case.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ases-controversial-hello-kitty-video/8044595/

Avril Lavigne may be wishing she could say "goodbye" to her Hello Kitty video.

The candy-coated clip shows Avril donning a cupcake tutu and Skrillex haircut, strutting through a candy store with stone-faced Asian dancers, playing air guitar, drinking sake and yelling Japanese phrases over a J-Pop-influenced dubstep track.

The controversial video for her new single (co-penned by husband/Nickelbackfrontman Chad Kroeger) has caused a stir across social media for its "racist" appropriation of Japanese culture.

"Not sure if this Avril Lavigne video is terrible, racist, or terribly racist," podcast host@desusnice tweeted.

"Avril Lavigne's racist new 'Hello Kitty' video is so awful it reaches some kind of like next plateau of terribleness," Grantland writer @mollylambert tweeted.

Billboard callsHello Kitty an "embarrassment in any language" and E! Online says it will leave viewers "sad and confused."

The video has since been pulled from YouTube, but can still be viewed in all its cringeworthy glory on her website.

I'm betting that the identical video made by a J-pop star would have elicited not a single negative comment....

Back