Northwestern Fires and smoke.

^^^^ @Punchy

Looks like this here right now. Worse to the north than to the south, at least visually, right now. Moderate air quality level. not great but could be worse. I am going to risk a short road bike ride at easy pace, easy terrain, after only getting out on walks the last two days. I bet it is worse up near your folks, by a long shot. Doesn't look like any rain for a while, darn it. May be dealing with this for a while, and continue to be at risk for more fire.

Ick. We've had the "stay inside unless you have to go outside" warnings even here in the Sac valley area. :ack:

So this doesn't look so great. I am sure there are problems regionally in Eastern WA and OR if this is the case here. Tons of rain in Western WA today so may kill the fire in the Olympics, but may also be a bit too much of a good thing. Isn't more volatile and violent weather fun?

11903853_506274329535838_1232070801779205558_n.jpg

There is a big fire up north and east of us (kind of between Stanley and Challis/Salmon) of us that started a few days ago and has really blown up. Not too close to us but not good. The only good thing is there are not too many structures for a good long while. It is in steep, heavily timbered terrain and they are not getting that thing out until the weather helps I am sure. Over 10,000 estimated acres burning as of last night, after the fire doubled acreage in a day.

Back