NOPD... And need advice.

FenderPusher

Beardcore Apologist
New old piano day... Bad news is we had to move my 96-year-old grandmother to a skilled nursing facility. Silver lining is she wanted me to have her old piano, which she taught lessons with for decades including to my entire family. I was honored to receive it, but it's old and needs some TLC. Can someone recommend some good books for beginner piano lessons? It's always been one of my favorite instruments and I feel like I should at least know the basics.

FCG58vc.jpg

My two youngest daughters know how to play piano because they were in lessons for a number of years. I can tinker but really am shit..So I would suggest at least a few months of lessons under a good teacher to get a feel..Once you have the basics you can take off on your own...Worked for me with guitar..........

Sorry about your grandmother. I was very close to both of mine and it hits hard....

Very cool that you got a piano passed on...I got a few things passed on to me too from both of my Grandmothers and when I look at the items, (paintings), I think of them and the loving hugs...

The thread title made me think you got busted in New Orleans.
NOPD, the best police force money can buy. cop0

Let me know if you need help moving that thing so I can make sure I'm out of town that weekend.

Back