Help! non-trem bridge replacement

wok

Unholy Meat Obelisk
Which non-trem bridge fits a Strat trem-route?

I have a guitar with a standard Strat trem, but I want to replace it with a non-trem bridge.

advice?

Fill the hole from the trem route and use whichever strat bridge you like. I like the old Fender American Standard bridges myself.

I'm not sure if anybody builds a bridge for that...

The only way I know of to do this would be to fill the trem slot with a block of wood...I foresee hours of carving, sanding, and cussing...

Your best bet would be to block the trem, which means wedging a block of wood between the trem block and the body...

I'm not sure if anybody builds a bridge for that...

The only way I know of to do this would be to fill the trem slot with a block of wood...I foresee hours of carving, sanding, and cussing...

Your best bet would be to block the trem, which means wedging a block of wood between the trem block and the body...

I always used to put on all the springs and tighten the screws on the thing that the springs attached to to pull the bridge flush to the body.

I always used to put on all the springs and tighten the screws on the thing that the springs attached to to pull the bridge flush to the body.
That's how my strat is set up...I understand that blocking the trem adds a bit of resonance and sustain, but I have never bothered to try it...

Which non-trem bridge fits a Strat trem-route?

I have a guitar with a standard Strat trem, but I want to replace it with a non-trem bridge.

advice?

One option I did a long while ago.... I cut a block of maple big enough to fill the trem hole (I didn't worry about the spring area, just the through-the-body hole). At the top I dremmelled a little off the top so the body of the block filled the hole very snug, but a large piece poked up through the tremolo opening. I unscrewed the bridge plate of the tremolo from the "tone block" and used wood screws to attach it to the new block I'd wedged into the cavity. Between the six screws holding the front of the plate to the body, and the three screws holding the back of the plate to the block of wood in the cavity, I didn't need any glue.

The only thing I did wrong was when I drilled the 6 string pass throughs into the block, I didn't put any metal grommets in the back. Those are available from Stew Mac for about $6. I just had the strings terminate on the block of wood and that's not optimal. The ball ends work their way into the wood and get stuck.

I just put all the springs on too. Works fine.
Although I would like to have an actual hardtail Strat at some point.

I'd just Clapton it, to be honest. Five springs and a piece of wood to keep it from moving.

Cool way to block a Strat. Takes this guy awhile to get to the point so just skip the beginning and go to 3:20

Cool way to block a Strat. Takes this guy awhile to get to the point so just skip the beginning and go to 3:20

I would rather have the bridge plate sitting on the body than still floating. Hell, I do use my trems and I have the plates sitting on the body.

Back