Dig it! NOMGOitsaHorsiePD

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
845053e00cae32a7bb0a3895370ff53b.jpg

0c8a8cf4d56b50cc2b7618d2b697c88d.jpg

So far so good. It'll probably replace my Mini TS9 in the big pedalboard. Sounds really good with my deluxe though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was talking to Lance with GearTalk and he's demo'd the real deals and several clones. He said the Tumnus (he felt) was the closest. He liked it better than the KTR.

That's the pedal I went to Sweetwater to buy.... but I came home with the Catapulp instead.

I'm sorry, but I have to ask: Mark, exactly how many OD/Dist pedals do you have?
A bunch, but I flip them too. I just sold my Prince of Tone since it wasn't getting used and my Mojo Hand FX Rook is also for sale.

I currently own:

3 Xotic RC Boosters - one in my large board, the Scott Henderson dual mode version that rides in my gig bag and another one for my smaller board.

Voodoo Lab Sparkledrive MOD on my large board - I try constantly to replace this pedal and it never goes away. It's my main coverband overdrive in the "MOD 1" position without the mid hump.

Wampler Pinnacle Deluxe on my large board - it gets used about 3 times a night for the 80's and 90's metal tunes. Another pedal I always think I can do better than but its still there.

I also have a Giggity that Voodoo Lab sent me for free that sits in my studio case but I can't get rid of it since I didn't pay for it - thats bad juju when you do that. I do need to experiment with it a bit more though.

Ibanez TS9 mini thats currently in my small board but will probably be replaced by the Tumnus go into reserve.

At some point in the near future I need another overdrive for my small board and a fuzz. Right now I'm not in any hurry unless I find something cool at Namm. I also am on the Analogman King of Tone wait list but I won't see that for another year I bet.

I'm likely going to end up with 4 different drive pedals on my board in order to cover the needed territory. Hate to say it, but this where the HD 500 made a lot of sense. For now, I've got the Metal Zone, the Hot Head and a RAT clone lined up. The Hot Head is more of a boost than a drive pedal, but can get pretty crunchy. I still need something approximating the Tube Screamer sound to round it out. Maybe that mystery dirt pedal from @Coralkong will be just the thing.

I'm curious that nobody around here seems to use any flavor of a big muff. Has that gone out of style?

Back