Nobels ODR-1

Ok. I ordered one through amazon. Same day free shipping. I blame Arnie Newman for pushing me over the top in the GUITARS GUITARS GUITARS FB group.

Wow! So this thread sure took me down the rabbit hole.

So I went to Youtube to get familiar with this pedal. Watched a couple videos, thought "cool", I like it.

But there was a link to a video about "Boss Hate" from a guy who it seems is both very highly regarded, and who unashamedly loves Boss pedals.

That lead me to a comparison/shootout between a Boss Metal Zone and a Digitech Death Metal Pedal.

Which took me somewhere else, then somewhere else and so on until I ended up back at that same guy (Boss lover dude) comparing a ProCo Rat to a Moorer Rat clone.

This is when I made the mistake of reading the comments, and BAM! There it was. My "Oh no you di'int!" Moment of the evening.

One super know-it-all went into great detail to explain how almost every dirt pedal out there is a "clone" of something that came before it... including The Rat, which... according to this genius was a clone of the very popular Voodoo Labs pedal... you all know the one.

Yes, apparently, the two guys who founded ProCo in Kalamazoo in 1978, time traveled forward in order to clone a pedal from a company founded in 1986.

FFS.

Anyway, I dig the pedal. Sounds nice.

The first impression is that this is rad. I might swap it out with the Caveman just to use it on my gig Saturday to compare with the Sparkledrive Mod.

So I don't think this is really a pedal to play solos with but I have an idea that I'm going to play with tomorrow.

Back